cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event viewer" the embedded controller (ec) returned data when none was requested.

realwang
Level 7
Maximus XI Hero + 9900K + Lastest BIOS 0805

If i open the AI Suite 3 or HWINFO64 and check the Sensors, i will get this warning in the event viewer.
This is normal or what should i do? Anyone got the same warning message?

Please give me some feedback. thanks!

: The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?100208-quot-Event-Viewer-quot-The-embedded-controller-(EC)...
(like this one)
1 REPLY 1

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
i did check that also today again. i just install a samsung nvme today again. and these appears. I a running Code XI 9900k and all my bios and drrivers are uptudate (asus motherboard website). I do also have the aisuite (last version)

ACPI Event 15 warning
The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS.

Also the nvidia driver is failing frequently .
Learn, Play Enjoy!