Did you mean: 

downgrade bios

thork
Level 7
how do downgrade the bios on a ROG STRIX Z370-F
12 REPLIES 12

OldMike65
Level 8
It works the same way as if you are Updating your bios. Just put the bios version you want on a USB stick, and use your flashback button. Your manual should also explain the different methods too.

thork
Level 7
this motherbord dont have flashback butoon!

thork wrote:
this motherbord dont have flashback butoon!

You need to be IN your bios to flash it from the USB stick. This info is from your manual. Hope this helps you.

Chapter 3: BIOS Setup

ASUS EZ Flash 3

To update the BIOS via Storage Device(s): <----------

1. Enter the Advanced Mode of the BIOS setup program. Go to the Tool menu to select
ASUS EZ Flash Utility and press .
2. Insert the USB flash disk that contains the latest BIOS file to the USB port.
3. Select via Storage Device(s).
4. Press to switch to the Drive field.
5. Press the Up/Down arrow keys to find the USB flash disk that contains the latest BIOS,
and then press .
6. Press to switch to the Folder Info field.
7.Press the Up/Down arrow keys to find the BIOS file, and then press to perform
the BIOS update process. Reboot the system when the update process is done.

OldMike65
Level 8
If you are not sure how to downgrade your bios, you should leave it alone maybe, as you could make your board unable to boot up. Or maybe take it to someone that can do it for you. Just a suggestion thork. Hope everything turns out well. Mike.

thork
Level 7
tks man!! but i need downgrade not update!

thork wrote:
tks man!! but i need downgrade not update!

If you read the 2nd msg I posted to you, I explained it to you. Downgrading your bios works exactly same way as Upgrading.

thork
Level 7
y i see tks bro!

but how do you go about it with no ability to enter bios?

Nibbzaaaay wrote:
but how do you go about it with no ability to enter bios?

There is a way to update the BIOS using a BIOS flashing utility and a bootable USB disk with that utility and the BIOS file copied to the root folder. I suggest to go the the following win-raid forum and ask there, explaining your motherboard model:

https://www.win-raid.com/f16-BIOS-Modding-Guides-and-Problems.html

Actually if you look around there should be a thread that has the flashing tool and guide on how to flash your BIOS