cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completley confused regarding LAN drivers.

D3SOL4TE
Level 8
Sorry if this is a stupid question but is anyone able to help me make sense of the list of LAN drivers in the image below?

I've tried to make sense of them but they just appear to be a confusing mess to me what with version number not being in any logical order, not to mention 2 of them having the same version number and another having 2 completely different version numbers.
11 REPLIES 11

x-rated wrote:
not true at all, the only drivers i install are for graphics card and creative sound card, everything else works great, no stability or performance issues 🙂

it may work, but you will not get all features and the best performance/stability, there are reasons why they release drivers regularly, Windows drivers are very basic to be able to get basic functionality, and are never recommended for normal use...

Believe what you want, I'm system builder/engineer for a very reputable company, we work very closely with all the major manufactures, that is the industry standard...

x-rated
Level 8
please explain me what features do i miss with those lan drivers included in windows and how can i get better performance from my Intel gigabit LAN
with windows drivers my max. stable speed is only 990 Mb/s, so can i get more than 1000?
thank you in advance 🙂