cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant find a product key on my MOBO

Zniffen
Level 7

i got a ROG STRIX z390 E-Gaming and there is no product key on it... help?

7 REPLIES 7

Murph_9000
Level 14

What do you mean by "product key"?  DIY motherboards don't come with a Windows key or license, you buy that separately.  Only pre-built systems from large PC manufacturers come with a Windows product key stored on the motherboard.

If this is a used system that you just bought, and it was supposed to come with a Windows license, contact your seller for the Windows product key.

Zniffen
Level 7

my computer is built by myself, but in armoury crate i can register the product. i want to register the product. i was told the would be a sticker on the back of the motherboard with the product key but it aint there

Murph_9000
Level 14

Ahh, ok.  The product registration just uses the serial number, as far as I know.  It should be on a sticker on the board, but the location may vary.  On my board, for example, the serial number sticker is on top of the SATA headers, on the front of the board.

Zniffen
Level 7

sorry there was no sticker on MOBO none at all.

Murph_9000
Level 14

It may have been removed by a previous owner (I'm guessing it may be a used board because Z390 is older).  If you have the original product box, the serial number should be on that as well.

Zniffen
Level 7

no box either

Zniffen
Level 7

should have written the product key into bios