cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA v1.06.95 *Update* as of 9/11/2018

theWanderer521
Level 7
Update for AURA software is up!

Add support for latest Aura Sync Asus, ROG and partners’ products
Improve software stability for Windows 10 64-bit

Would like to hear your comments on this one, thanks!
222 Views
23 REPLIES 23

Zammin
Level 9
I've just updated today. This version appears to have some issues, particularly with crashing and wrong colours at times. See this thread as well: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101543-SOFTWARE-AURA-Sync/page19

For those that are experiencing crashing every time you try to open this version of AURA, uninstall it and when you reinstall, run "setup.exe" instead of "AsusSetup.exe". That fixed the crashing for me.

The other issues I'm experiencing are when I try to change the colour of more than one thing at a time (under static colours>by area) it changes many of my LEDs to random colours. I got around this issue by selecting "single colour" and setting everything to red (any colour would do though) and then switch back to "by areas" and change one thing at a time, hitting apply after every change. Also when I change the number in the "Amount of LEDS" in the ADD STRIP settings screen it reverts all of my settings back to rainbow every time.

Not happy with how buggy AURA has been for me lately. The previous version was good for a while but in just the last few days it started giving me issues where it would only detect 2/4 of my G.Skill RGB RAM sticks, and sometimes none. Windows was detecting all 32GB so it was working but stuck on the default rainbow lighting affect.

FZero
Level 7
Getting a crash as soon as I try to launch the new version. Tried using only setup.exe but still getting crashes. Well back to the old version.

WTF

Please connect an Aura sinc compatibile device?

Nice update

Rob_W_
Level 12
I long to use this but have steered clear because of its reported buggyness, roll on when it works !

Gofran
Level 8
music setting is al bugy aura sync

kens30
Level 11
This and previous versions are not crashing at all for me.
I know the software is buggy but for the effects i want it works fine except the default rainbow setting.
when it cycles to red my board displays red butt my g.skill rgb ram ,rgb 12v strip and my gpu strix 1070 display pink all other colors are correct.

kens30 wrote:
This and previous versions are not crashing at all for me.
I know the software is buggy but for the effects i want it works fine except the default rainbow setting.
when it cycles to red my board displays red butt my g.skill rgb ram ,rgb 12v strip and my gpu strix 1070 display pink all other colors are correct.


also stayed clear of the latest version due to the bugs and CPU utilization issues, do you not suffer from any of these?

katlani wrote:
also stayed clear of the latest version due to the bugs and CPU utilization issues, do you not suffer from any of these?


Well LightingService uses max cpu utilization of 2% when lighting is turned on, all setting are working fine except the issue i described above.
BTW i uninstalled patriot ram and some other things that got installed by Aura.

kens30 wrote:
Well LightingService uses max cpu utilization of 2% when lighting is turned on, all setting are working fine except the issue i described above.
BTW i uninstalled patriot ram and some other things that got installed by Aura.


Hmm ok, with previous last version i having 0% on CPU and 14.6MB on RAM, though im using a simple static coloring sync.

Carbonicdk
Level 8
My AURA V1.06.95 feedback.
-Had to redo the sync on shutdown setting as I don't want RGB running when the computer is off.
-Everything but static and color cycle is still a mess as they use 7,8-9,0% CPU on a i7-8700k