cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus z370-e i7 8700k oc'ing issue

DirtyMacho
Level 7
Hi Guys

I need help the system is freeezing for 2-4 sec sometimes 6 sec in game with 200 watts drawing. Once after that the game resumes. never crashes

I tried all the auto when it was auto it pushes the windows boot itself to 80 degree and on game 90 even with corsair h100i v2

Now i am at 4400 and voltatage is 2.52 and llc 5 and mce disabled with avx 0 and rest are auto . Speed step is disabled.

I dont why the gpu power is getting dropped . i also set the nvidia gloabal to max performance.

i dont know why it is proble anymore tired of troubleshooting. if i do manual the game freeze and if set auto the temps are insane.
26 REPLIES 26

Here you go

Thanks man,

NEAT RIG!

I haven't checked all yet.

Please try:
IA AC Load Line 0.01
+ DC Load 0.01

since from the pics only CPU vcore has been raised and nothing else please turn that one on auto. Even if it hurts.
We will come back to that one later.

Check and disconnect almost all harddrives for testing from both cables.
Please install (with complete uninstall within install procedure) new graphics drivers
Use the software Coretemp to see your vcore min and max draw please and kindly share that number with us.
Btw It shows higher temps than Aida64 on my versions.

Play and see if the glitch is gone and give us feedback about the auto vcore. It in iteself will tell us the future steps to be taken.

Some suggestions on the side

The Case:

Fans (like microphones btw) all have a distinct 3D area of optimum effectiveness. the nerds can search the interwebs for "directional response pattern" i believe.

Now someone did find out that one can raise that area of effectiveness by quiet a margin.

positive air pressure! (negative pressure mode exists as well)

we are talking about bullying the air into every nook and cranny by shoving more air into the case as air can get out......
And I do not think you could build pressure high enough for all those openings to compensate Sir.

On the pics I do not see air reaching the vrms to smooth out the temps.

So you either have to give some serious aerated high rpm love to the upper left corner directly
(try 40x40 full speed with a test mount first)

Or you research the topic a bit and try to close some of those holes with some more fans on 50%-75%.
Buy a cheap motherboard sensor and make a day out of it testing around with different openings shut close with tape vs fan speeds.

I will not recommend using smoke to check airflow.

Best Regards

Carlyle

ps Please share what Power unit is running your rig.
..... and where the frag is it? I do not seem to find it on the pics 🙂
The Ram definition in full if possible please.
...HA and if one does not show the radiator it must not be presentable?!

I know the posivite and -ne airflow.

Here is my setup.

there is a front intake of 2x 140 and 1x 120 fans

at the rear there is 140mm fan

In the bottom of the case i have 3x 120 fans pulling air.

So there is 6 fans intake. But bottom fans intake cant be taken as 100% intake as the possiblity of air escape on the right of the case bottom panel .

For this i am planning to put another high pressure 120mmx2 once i get the y splitter as currently i run of fan header in motherboard. Only option is asus fan extension board which is hard to get nowadays. As it was launched way back for x99 board .

so once i install the right 2 x 120 high pressure and rpm of 2000+/- 10% it will hold the air not escaping a bit which will possible push some air into the case

for the air escaping rear fan and the 2 x high pressure radiator which will do the needfull for the air outflow. i can try installing 1 more fan for exacust in the top based on the avaibility of the headers .

Here is only concern. As few pointed out it doesnt matter even i change the radiator to 280mm or 360mm. It wont change the fact this cpu is going to hot like coffe

even few who have not delidded can keep the cpu under 75 degree on load. Why mine is reaching 90+ easily.

I have ensured the headset is properly seated this time and i have applied the notua nh-1 thermal paste as well.

Thanks for the Info DirtyMacho.

So VRM colling should be within spec with all fans installed that you mention.:cool:

How did you come up with the CPU vcore voltage?
Did you check auto settings and then simply put them in manually?
All the pics i see seem to indicate, that you are running bone stock settings with more power manually set, than the CPU "should" need to run.
The voltage seems far too much for stock settings.

LLC: On stockCPU settings many say LLC 1 is better than Auto or 0
Personally i think LLC 4 is the highest setting for long lasting 24/7 use. But it only helps compensating negative effects with overclocked CPUs .
LLC 4 on stock setting.... Is weird if the CPU really would not run without.

Or did i oversee something ?

Regards
Carlyle

So for stock what is voltage i should be giving. is it 1.25 is too much.

If i set auto i am worried the voltage will hit 1.4 by auto.

llc4 is what i set .

ok here comes another clarification. VID is not the supplied voltage to the cpu said by someone vcore is one supplied to the cpu. I believe vid is the one demanded by the cpu .

even turning off mce and svid behavior to best case scenario .

Menthol
Level 14
Macho, have you updated the motherboard bios to newest on ASUS website? If not you probably should do that first.
If you have a good CPU 1.2 or maybe a tiny bit less is good for default speed, try 1.25 and check for temps and stability, if OK lower by .05 volts and test again until unstable then up .05 and test again, the lower voltage may require higher LLC setting, can you post more info in your screen shots, CPU-Z, Hwmonitor, stress test you are using, etc. that shows all temps and voltages please

Your minimum temps seem a little high, what is your ambient temps?

yes i am running on 0612 ie the latest one.

No when i lower to 1.23 even it bsod no need stress test.