cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus z370-e i7 8700k oc'ing issue

DirtyMacho
Level 7
Hi Guys

I need help the system is freeezing for 2-4 sec sometimes 6 sec in game with 200 watts drawing. Once after that the game resumes. never crashes

I tried all the auto when it was auto it pushes the windows boot itself to 80 degree and on game 90 even with corsair h100i v2

Now i am at 4400 and voltatage is 2.52 and llc 5 and mce disabled with avx 0 and rest are auto . Speed step is disabled.

I dont why the gpu power is getting dropped . i also set the nvidia gloabal to max performance.

i dont know why it is proble anymore tired of troubleshooting. if i do manual the game freeze and if set auto the temps are insane.
26 REPLIES 26

Is pushing air out or pulling air is better

https://i.stack.imgur.com/Ivd1g.png

which is right way. Pulling air front is suffice than pushing air in. As the pushing air migh be cooler but when passing the radiator it should hot or warmer.

So wont it increase the case overall temps.

Wont 2-3x intake front is suffice for the exaust on top of the case.

I did cold boot and did the cinie and aid64 for 15 min

the temps are good and didnt have a bsod but at times the cpu freezes for 2-5 sec and then back

The same i have in game at times
Is it the voltage demanded is not supplied and all freezes and once it lowers the voltage it works.

Not sure

But all these test are done when i made the push from inside the case with new sp120 fans and pull from top on stock fans .

So push pull definitely helped here a lot most cores are below 80 and few are under 85 and max hitting is 90 on core 1.

meankeys
Level 13
Are your water lines on the rad on top or bottom - If positioned on top you may have air in the loop causing the higher temps.
Just a thought

meankeys wrote:
Are your water lines on the rad on top or bottom - If positioned on top you may have air in the loop causing the higher temps.
Just a thought

You may be right the radiator is on the top. Since the fans are not fully screwed in and possible air leak is causing the radiator fluid to not cool effectively in the left end towards the case rear due to fan partial placement air may not fully pushed out of the case due to this odd arrangement.

But few say even with 1 fan the cooler will work so it is not the problem.

As i can lively see the temps are 43 and sudden spikes to 55 and then back to 46 . i dont understand that 10 degree up and down. but this is package temps not core temps

worst is it reaches 69 and back to 44 i can loop in video

https://youtu.be/pItc_vQfkfA

Now the temps seems normal. But voltage keeps flucuating and hits 1.4v even though i manually set to 1.26v for 4.4gh auto ratio

What settings to be off to not to overshoot the voltage beyond 1.3v.

its under medium load under 79 degree

But on cinebench its hitting agiain 90+ degree. I believe something wrong in temps due to over voltage. previously i have it under 83 which is decent.

Does switching off the SVID makes not jump in voltage or speedstep which is shooting the voltage

I dont want always 4.4ghz it has to downclock when not loaded well. So svid is must for muti frequency.

Had the same issue on my z370g .
The key was a fan above the VrM ( left side of Cpu )
Thermal throttling of the vrm was the prob.
Take a try with a external fan*

NemesisChild
Level 12
Are you sure your ambient room temp is 33c?

If it's a true reading, you probably can't expect much better that what you're getting now.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Menthol
Level 14
Only turn svid off if using manual voltage control but it doesn't need to be turned off, SVID can always be left on AUTO
Have you set SVID Behavior to best case scenario, LLC 5 or 6 , 1.26v should hit peaks of about 1.32v.
There will always be some voltage variations, it will never be exactly what you set, and any monitoring software will never be 100% accurate, don't worry to much about short peaks as long as temp readings are safe

Menthol wrote:
Only turn svid off if using manual voltage control but it doesn't need to be turned off, SVID can always be left on AUTO
Have you set SVID Behavior to best case scenario, LLC 5 or 6 , 1.26v should hit peaks of about 1.32v.
There will always be some voltage variations, it will never be exactly what you set, and any monitoring software will never be 100% accurate, don't worry to much about short peaks as long as temp readings are safe

When LLC on auto only i dont have hicups in games. Ie game freezes for few sec i hear background music but screen freezes for 1-3 secs and resumes. Never creashed the pc or game on this freezing thing.

Since i have the wattage monitor and gpu tool in handy i can cleary see the gpu is cut off power or usage drops from 99- 30 or below so no work from gpu.

I see this behavior on svid off and llc set ot any value . I hate that game freeze thing when the board overtage the power usage.

As the wattage jumps from normal avg of 345watts to 420watts peak some times 450 watts. My psu is new and just 1 year old. It has nothing to do with this.

As the its from corsair RM750x is capable of running the current setup of i7 8700k and gtx 1080 mini card with nill issues. as the peak is less than 500 watts

I dont know what will happen if i ever wanted to oc this in near future with 5ghz. i dont even a custom loop is going to benifit out of it.

Only deliided is getting 20 degree temps cut . Which i can never do since it voids warranty. I even dont know when one can claim the processor warranty . As oc'ing is not covered under warranty as any damage will not be covered as its due to beyond stock settings.

Hello there,

screenshots from your bios settings and a picture of your rig are in order to help further.

I run 5ghrz@1.305 adaptive with svid/ CIO 1.2 / VCC1.175 / 16GB RAM@3200 with 1.345 with mid 80ies Max Temp:
The little 40x40 VRM love on the upper right corner helps even without removing the plastic cover.
So says my manually installed VRM temp sensor.
Having a 90 degree turned MoboCase (FT02)... well THAT is awesome on air.

I have a 9 year old Noctua NH-14 (Buy NH-D15 now) .
It works without air bubbles getting into non-servicable loops.