cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus x hero bios 1003 issue / help

bass_junkie_xl
Level 11
2 new problems with bios 1003 now i have noticed .
its a new issue with the fan headers
i have top cpu_opt hooked to a top 140mm fan whhen adjusting that fun
ext_fan at bottom of board adjust with cpu_opt .......

probleme 2

ext_fan 3 i have my water pump to it and now can not run less then 100 % 24/7 in manual pmw mode ..... if i change
minamum % to less then 100 % it goes back to 100 .... i have to use the pre sets of silent or standanrd or its allways 100 % now .....
and i already tried the q fan auto adjusment thing to let me me know what min % evrything can run @

new bios fixes cpu z reporting worng voltege but brakes 2 fan headers and doesnt fix audio crackling

other issue why can i not run my fans less then 60 % or 100 % on this baord ????????
i dont need my fans @ 1800 rmps jet when siting here
i have tried pwm mode / dc mode / auto and then i ran the q fan auto detect mode and it comes back saying my ext_fan 3 cant run less then 100 % wich before i could run any % i wanted in manual mode ( its my water pump ) .
and my cpu fans cant run less then 60 % why ??
Rig # 1 - 14900Ks SP-118 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,600 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | PG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 14900K-SP-120 | 89 MC @ 5.9 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync
11 REPLIES 11

Deepcuts
Level 10
Will update to 1003 now and get back with details.
So, just to be sure I got you right: CPU_OPT does not allow under 60%?
I got nothing on ext_fan so I cannot check.

later edit:
Seems my fans are happy with the new version.
CPU and CPU_OPT power my two stock Kraken X62 fans (140mm) and I can see speeds under 500 rpm.

Deepcuts wrote:
Will update to 1003 now and get back with details.
So, just to be sure I got you right: CPU_OPT does not allow under 60%?
I got nothing on ext_fan so I cannot check.

later edit:
Seems my fans are happy with the new version.
CPU and CPU_OPT power my two stock Kraken X62 fans (140mm) and I can see speeds under 500 rpm.

thats odd im using corasiar sp 120 fans . i use the bios to adjust fans your using ai suit 3 last time i sued ai suit 3 it auto detected my fans and screwed up my fan profiles in the bios and was a head ache .

so what are some recomndations ? down load ai suit and see what it can do in terms of my fans not going below 100 ?
Rig # 1 - 14900Ks SP-118 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,600 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | PG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 14900K-SP-120 | 89 MC @ 5.9 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

You must run Q-Fan Tuning first in the Bios. Then you can choose lower fan speeds.

Deepcuts
Level 10
AI Suite should not be 100% required. I use it because I am constantly trying to tweak my fans for best /noise/performance ratio.
I can see the same fan speeds in BIOS also, without tuning.
I just set all my fans to PWM with a lower limit of 500 rpm on normal profile.
I did not ran fan tuning on AI Suite either.

I am also wondering about the Q-Fan settings and AI Suite.

EDIT:
In Q-Fan and AI my DC-powered case fans cannot be lowered enough. Why not?
I run the automatic fan calibration. Afterwards I can reduce the CPU PWM-setting lower to 10%. Thats really nice. But what about the DC-case fans. Their settings can only be reduced to a point/voltage above the fan starting voltage!?!?! So the case fans turn with min. 500...600rpm at idle. For me it is too noisy. The fans runs very nice below their start voltage too.

I hope Asus will let us have a better solution for fan control.

At the moment it is not a big problem for me, because I use the good old program from Almico "Speedfan". It handles the Nuvoton chipset perfectly, and I am able to control all fans, also beneath the AI Suite and Q-Fan settings. The fan speeds can be controlled depending on the GPU-temperature too with Speedfan. Thats would be a great point to add into the AI Suite.

mcmarky wrote:
The fan speeds can be controlled depending on the GPU-temperature too with Speedfan. Thats would be a great point to add into the AI Suite.

AI Suite already supports that. Click on Source

Well, why don't I get this option for my GTX 1080? Is it because my card is from MSI, or do I have to change a setting? 😞

I suppose I have to get a Strix 😮

Just a thought on this issue (fans that cannot lowered enough): have you tried to set the following option in the bios on 'enable'
Monitor > Q-Fan configuration > Chassis fan > Allow fan stop
That was the trick for me to have some of the fans stopped at low temperature...!

mcmarky wrote:
I am also wondering about the Q-Fan settings and AI Suite.

EDIT:
In Q-Fan and AI my DC-powered case fans cannot be lowered enough. Why not?
I run the automatic fan calibration. Afterwards I can reduce the CPU PWM-setting lower to 10%. Thats really nice. But what about the DC-case fans. Their settings can only be reduced to a point/voltage above the fan starting voltage!?!?! So the case fans turn with min. 500...600rpm at idle. For me it is too noisy. The fans runs very nice below their start voltage too.

I hope Asus will let us have a better solution for fan control.

At the moment it is not a big problem for me, because I use the good old program from Almico "Speedfan". It handles the Nuvoton chipset perfectly, and I am able to control all fans, also beneath the AI Suite and Q-Fan settings. The fan speeds can be controlled depending on the GPU-temperature too with Speedfan. Thats would be a great point to add into the AI Suite.

Menthol
Level 14
Because you don't have an compatible ASUS card