cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus - what is the ETA for Intel production Coffee Lake 0x84 microcode?

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Intel went production on it mod-week. What is the ETA for BIOS updates with this microcode?

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case
17 REPLIES 17

Raja
Level 13
Could be weeks, could be longer. Depends if it passes our validation.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Thanks Raja.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

NicMic
Level 7
So, any update for the Maximus X hero?

Raja
Level 13
Same answer as above.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Same answer as above.

Above was a few days after release, now it's been nearly a month.
I find it disappointing to have not even an estimate, when the bios for the Maximus VII is out already.
Still, thank you for answering, it's better than nothing.

NicMic wrote:
Above was a few days after release, now it's been nearly a month.
I find it disappointing to have not even an estimate, when the bios for the Maximus VII is out already.
Still, thank you for answering, it's better than nothing.

Difficult to estimate, hence the reply. The only thing certain: if there's a fix, we will update the BIOS when time permits.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Difficult to estimate, hence the reply. The only thing certain: if there's a fix, we will update the BIOS when time permits.

I don't understand the "if"... are you saying that the new microcode Intel released is not a fix? Or were you making a general statement?

NicMic wrote:
I don't understand the "if"... are you saying that the new microcode Intel released is not a fix? Or were you making a general statement?

I believe he meant that as a general statement to encompass more than just Coffee Lake. A lot of people are concerned about other platforms as well.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
My problem is I am sure this is holding back other BIOS fixes and improvements, like fixing offset in adaptive mode. If it is known it will take some time, we should have had another BIOS sans the 0x84 microcode already.