cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus - what is the ETA for Intel production Coffee Lake 0x84 microcode?

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Intel went production on it mod-week. What is the ETA for BIOS updates with this microcode?

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case
17 REPLIES 17

geneo wrote:
My problem is I am sure this is holding back other BIOS fixes and improvements, like fixing offset in adaptive mode. If it is known it will take some time, we should have had another BIOS sans the 0x84 microcode already.

Hmm, maybe it's the other way around? Baking in the new microcode should be easy (hence the release for older boards already), but if they release a new bios they want it to have fixes / feautres they were already working on?

Lotzi
Level 7
ASRock does it better!!

xeromist
Lotzi wrote:
ASRock does it better!!

This is off-topic and not constructive. If you don't have anything meaningful to contribute just don't say anything at all.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Lotzi
Level 7
Are you going to forbid me to speak my mind?

Lotzi wrote:
Are you going to forbid me to speak my mind?

I'm going to forbid you from trolling in someone else's thread.

We've derailed this thread enough. If you have further concerns you can send me a PM or start a new thread.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

NicMic
Level 7
Bios 1101 is now available (Maximus X Hero).
No release notes.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
There are release notes: "Update microcode"

Available for the Maximus Code too.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

geneo wrote:
There are release notes: "Update microcode"

Not for the Hero:

but I guess that's about the same.

Edit: I can confirm that the reported microcode version is 84.