cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix Z390-e issues

matas17
Level 7
So i built my pc recently with watercooling inside and motherboard keeps trying to overclock my i5-9600k to 4.6 Ghz which causes me BSOD's constantly. How in the world i disable overclocking and let cpu run on stock speeds?
2,333 Views
4 REPLIES 4

edrickjk
Level 7
9600k turbo boost at 4.6, k, if it bsod at stock setting you have other issue to deal with.Is it overheating when it crash? Did you do any config in your bios or you left everything stock?

edrickjk wrote:
9600k turbo boost at 4.6, k, if it bsod at stock setting you have other issue to deal with.Is it overheating when it crash? Did you do any config in your bios or you left everything stock?


My CPU is watercooled in custom loop and it never goes beyong 60c at the moment Package is on 36c and i didnt do any config in BIOS at all. left BIOS as it is when i first built it.

matas17 wrote:
My CPU is watercooled in custom loop and it never goes beyong 60c at the moment Package is on 36c and i didnt do any config in BIOS at all. left BIOS as it is when i first built it.


36c Idle? I'd call that hot if using a custom loop, my AIO does 30C at idle, and it's nothing fancy (280mm).

Enderwiggin03 wrote:
36c Idle? I'd call that hot if using a custom loop, my AIO does 30C at idle, and it's nothing fancy (280mm).
.
Don't know if you can call it idle when i was browsing web, having Destiny 2 minimised. But pc hasnt crashed today yet which im suprised by, since yesterday it crashed 4 times in 1 hour.