cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog z370-e posts twice and long bios boot times

tanujs
Level 7
I have a ROG Z370-E mobo. Whenever I boot or reboot my PC, the ROG logo splashes twice. I have XMP and Intel Rapid Storage Technology enabled with EZ System Tuning set at "Fast Tuning" in the BIOS.

OS is Windows 10 installed on a Samsung 970 Evo 1TB SSD and BIOS is latest version.

Can someone help me fix this? Last BIOS time was 15.5 sec.

Here's my full build:

Intel i7-8700K
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
G.SKILL Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Samsung 970 Evo 1TB SSD (Windows installed on this)
Seagate Baracuda 2TB HDD

So as you can see, the specs are pretty good and yet I can't enjoy those fast boot times on my PC due to double POST and long BIOS boot times. Please suggest me some solutions 😞
5 REPLIES 5

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
NVME boot times can be longer than conventional storage devices. The ROG logo splashing twice sounds more like the handoff Windows loader, rather than a double POST. If you're the type of user who's concerned with trivial things such as this then it's always best to suspend the system rather than shutting it down.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
NVME boot times can be longer than conventional storage devices. The ROG logo splashing twice sounds more like the handoff Windows loader, rather than a double POST. If you're the type of user who's concerned with trivial things such as this then it's always best to suspend the system rather than shutting it down.

It happens like this:

1. I press the power button.
2. ROG logo splashes.
3. A blinking underscore appears (_).
4. ROG logo splashes again.
5. Continues to boot.

Last BIOS time: 20.2 sec.

Is this normal? I really need some fast boot time 😕

tanujs wrote:
It happens like this:

1. I press the power button.
2. ROG logo splashes.
3. A blinking underscore appears (_).
4. ROG logo splashes again.
5. Continues to boot.

Last BIOS time: 20.2 sec. Is this normal? I really need some fast boot time 😕

Yes, it's normal. I'd stop reading the BIOS time, too. It's often not accurate as it's not possible for the OS to time everything accordingly. Like I've said above, NVME drives are slower to boot, but this is negated by the incredible bandwidth when-actually-using the system.

Using boot times as a measure of any performance is a terrible idea. I'm sure you can find something to occupy yourself within those 20 seconds.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Yes, it's normal. I'd stop reading the BIOS time, too. It's often not accurate as it's not possible for the OS to time everything accordingly. Like I've said above, NVME drives are slower to boot, but this is negated by the incredible bandwidth when-actually-using the system.

Using boot times as a measure of any performance is a terrible idea. I'm sure you can find something to occupy yourself within those 20 seconds.

I see, thank you very much for clarifying 🙂

Krowne
Level 7
Hey, tanujs

as Silent Scone posted before its not a double post, just the POST ROG Logo (can be disabled in BIOS) and the windows boot animation afterwards.
My last boot time was also around 16.8 seconds on my MAXIMUS X HERO with a 512GB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe.
I am not sure if its really an issue here, because my system is booting in 28 seconds on average (15 apps in startup).

Would be nice to know if someone achieves a better boot time with similar hardware.

Krowne