cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog z370-e gaming takes too long bios boot time (5min+/-)

lukitas
Level 7

I have a z70-e gaming and whenever I boot or reboot my PC I got stuck in the Asus logo screen loading operational system in like 4 to 6 minutes until finally appears the Microsoft password screen. I tryed so many things, like XMP, fast boot, Intel Rapid Storage Technology, and nothing changes that time.

OS is installed on a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD.

Other interesting information: My "Last BIOS Time" is showing 23.0 seconds, but cmon.. the last time was 4.5min lol

My Build:

Intel I7 7700K

Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming

G.SKILL Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

Samsung 970 Evo 1TB SSD (Windows installed on this)

NVME SSD 256GB (nothing installed on this)

As you can see, its not a bad build, and does not justify the time it takes to just startup/reboot.

This didn't happen recently, it's been like this for over a year now. I already formatted the PC a couple times and nothing changed.

PLEASE HELP ME!!

5 REPLIES 5

Wangeyed
Level 9

try clear cmos and check your bios and mei firmware are up to date, when you say formatted you mean a complete wipe of your drive and fresh windows install?

Im sorry to take too long to reply. How can I do that? and Yes, ive done a complete wipe and a fresh windows installation, but from windows itself.

google or read your mb manual, also google how to wipe windows and reinstall if its still slow after this then start taking things out like rgb/fan controllers

Nate152

Hello lukitas,

In the task manager, you can disable programs that start with windows, this should help improve boot time. I'm on a newer z690 motherboard.

I've done this before, disabled everything and the problem persists.