cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING > X.M.P. Will Not Post

FriendOfJah
Level 7
Hi Folks,

I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING MB with the latest BIOS update and 32 GB [8 GB x4] DDR4-3200 Memory Modules - Corsair Vengeance-LPX, which according to the CPU-Z Rog Strix app are X.M.P. 2.0 compliant. A recent video by JayzTwoCents (https://youtu.be/F1ESWvRk3Jc) showed how turning on X.M.P. will take advantage of your fast DRAMM. The PC builder, iBuyPower PC didn't enable this mode. I tried doing so and on reboot after saving the change to the BIOS, got a, "The system has POSTed in safe mode." How can I configure this in the BIOS to work with X.M.P. with my DDR4-3200 memory modules, or can't I do so? Thanks in advance for any and all help provided. ChatGPT was no use in finding me a solution.

Roger

This is what I had to revert to after the POST error.

5 REPLIES 5

Wangeyed
Level 9
is it same problem with xmp2? ive never known enabling xmp to cause this error maybe try factory defaults for the bios and see if that helps

Wangeyed wrote:
is it same problem with xmp2? ive never known enabling xmp to cause this error maybe try factory defaults for the bios and see if that helps

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if I have XMP 2 as an option. I did notice that when I run the Asus version of the CPU-Z program and go to the SPD and look at all 4 of the SIMMS that they're all DDR4-3200 Corsair but the Part Numbers aren't all the same. Slots 1 & 3 are P/N CMK16GX4M2D3200C16 Slots 2 & 4 are P/N CMK32GX4M4B3200C16. I bought the PC from iBuyPower with 16GB (2 8GB) and about a year later added 2 more 8 8GB for 32 GB total. Could the different part numbers be causing this?

Roger

FriendOfJah wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if I have XMP 2 as an option. I did notice that when I run the Asus version of the CPU-Z program and go to the SPD and look at all 4 of the SIMMS that they're all DDR4-3200 Corsair but the Part Numbers aren't all the same. Slots 1 & 3 are P/N CMK16GX4M2D3200C16 Slots 2 & 4 are P/N CMK32GX4M4B3200C16. I bought the PC from iBuyPower with 16GB (2 8GB) and about a year later added 2 more 8 8GB for 32 GB total. Could the different part numbers be causing this?

Roger

could be your issue worth a try take a pair out and try it

ahfoo
Level 13
Let assume all you RAM stick of 8GB X 4 in a single quat set. Make sure all the 4 stick of ram run issue without issue. Next Isolate putting only pair of 16GB and test it out.

FriendOfJah
Level 7
Thanks so much for everyone's replies. Being that I really need the 32 GB of memory and I don;t want to pay almost $100 for new memory that is all from the same batch. I'll make sue my next new PC has 2 16GB or maybe even 32 GB matched sticks.