Asus ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI) + Asus Essence STX II Compatibility issues

hsm06
Level 10
Asus ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI) + Asus Essence STX II Compatibility issues
Install STX II Driver BSOD : DRIVER_VERFIER_DMA_VIOLATION
Tried to replace the pci-e slot
The same situation.
Is anyone the same as me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update information 2020/06/15
Just tested the ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO BIOS version 0607 can install STX II driver normally,
It seems that the problem lies in the BIOS related design.
12 REPLIES 12

Saltgrass
Level 13
I am not running any additional sound devices on my system but my board seems to be running normally except no drivers for a PCI device and SM Bus controller. Sound devices can be problematic.. Any chance there is a conflict in resources with the PCIe slot and the M.2 ports?

I did try the driver from the other thread for the Intel ME..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
I am not running any additional sound devices on my system but my board seems to be running normally except no drivers for a PCI device and SM Bus controller. Sound devices can be problematic.. Any chance there is a conflict in resources with the PCIe slot and the M.2 ports?

I did try the driver from the other thread for the Intel ME..

I installed stx ii in pci-e x1_3, I checked that his socket was not shared with m.2,
and it was because of this that I bought ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI)

But I also tried other slots,
The same happens even with CPU native PCIE (graphics card running x8).

hsm06
Level 10
I installed stx ii in pci-e x1_3, I checked that his socket was not shared with m.2,
and it was because of this that I bought ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI)

But I also tried other slots,
The same happens even with CPU native PCIE (graphics card running x8).

dingo99
Level 10
hsm06 wrote:
Install STX II Driver BSOD : DRIVER_VERFIER_DMA_VIOLATION

Why have you activated Driver Verifier for the STX driver? Are you currently developing device drivers?
Either turn off Driver Verifier, or change your Verifier settings to monitor only the specific driver(s) you're debugging.

dingo99 wrote:
Why have you activated Driver Verifier for the STX driver?

I did not activate any program.

dingo99 wrote:
Are you currently developing device drivers?

NO.

dingo99 wrote:
Either turn off Driver Verifier, or change your Verifier settings to monitor only the specific driver(s) you're debugging.

I try to enter Disable driver signing mode. The result is bsod before loading the desktop, BSOD : DRIVER_VERFIER_DMA_VIOLATION

hsm06 wrote:
I did not activate any program.

Then it is very strange that Driver Verifier is active on your machine. It is not normal to run Driver Verifier unless you are a driver developer.

hsm06 wrote:
I try to enter Disable driver signing mode. The result is bsod before loading the desktop, BSOD : DRIVER_VERFIER_DMA_VIOLATION

NO, I never said anything about driver signing mode.

Follow the instructions to stop (reset) Driver Verifier: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/driver-verifier

dingo99 wrote:
Then it is very strange that Driver Verifier is active on your machine. It is not normal to run Driver Verifier unless you are a driver developer.

I tried to install the stx ii driver directly after reinstalling the operating system, the same bsod: DRIVER_VERFIER_DMA_VIOLATION
I tried Windows 10 1909 & 2004 and the same result.

dingo99 wrote:
NO, I never said anything about driver signing mode.

I even tried to force install the driver in safe mode,
The driver displays driver error code 52

dingo99 wrote:
Follow the instructions to stop (reset) Driver Verifier: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/driver-verifier

I have not modified the relevant settings of this function.

Saltgrass
Level 13
I just went and checked the specifications on the card and it does not appear to support Win 10.. That may just be an out of date listing, but do you know it actually does support it?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
I just went and checked the specifications on the card and it does not appear to support Win 10.. That may just be an out of date listing, but do you know it actually does support it?

ASUS Essence STX II
WIN10 Compatibility DRIVER on the website
https://www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/Essence_STX_II/HelpDesk_Download/

ASUS Essence STX II , I use in ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING & Windows 10 Are functioning normally .
Change to Asus ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI) Something went wrong .