cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus XII Hero ram QVL misleading, wrong...

sebagsm
Level 7
so I managed to grab this maximus xii hero for my 10900k...

as I checked the ram qvl (ofc I want 4800mhz bdie ram 😄 ) on the official site I found something interesting (I will attach the screenshost also):

g.skill F4-4800C19D-16GTRS as supported... hmmm interesting coz its should be F4-4800C18D-16GTRS

anyway I did a big google search and nope no results for the C19D. ahh ok its just a misstype I thought coz the F4-4800C18D-16GTRS is fully supported by maximus xii apex also stated on gskill site for apex. my idea was hero=apex z490=z490 so, no probs I bought the rams 😄

the first boot with my new 4800mhz rams went fine .., enter the bios xmp and this was funny xmp profile shows 4807mhz .,. and from that part I knew I gonna have a problem with it. reboot bla bla enter windows.. and after 1sec lockup/freez.

the rams are only usable on 4400mhz.. tested all the bios versions (the betas also) but no luck.. contacted the hungarian asus support (pff better not its a mistakwe 😄 )

so I would like to ask is gonna be a support for this gskill rams ? if apex can why not on hero ?

thanks 🙂
501 Views
13 REPLIES 13

mdzcpa
Level 12
The mobo may be able to support the ram. Are you certain the IMC of your CPU can handle 4800mhz??

Those are unreleased models they are completely different memory one using Samsung b die and the other using Hynix. Samsung runs much tighter timings in general or is able to with increased voltages.

Slim chance of a Hero running 4800 XMP. The APEX even has issue with 4800 XMP. Everything has to be top notch, from mobo, cpu to ram. Each component has some variance. That is why overclockers buy multiples of cpus and ram to bin the best ones.

As for why a Hero cannot run the same memory as an Apex. Apex is only 2 dim and a board that is specialized for overclocking and has other optimizations done to it that the Hero does not have.

ok for 4800mhz anyway its 4800mhz ram with xmp so we are not talking about OC.. but 4600mhz should be easy mode for the cpu also for the mobo.

also how can asus put unreleased rams in QVL ?

sebagsm wrote:
ok for 4800mhz anyway its 4800mhz ram with xmp so we are not talking about OC.. but 4600mhz should be easy mode for the cpu also for the mobo.

also how can asus put unreleased rams in QVL ?



XMP is overclocking and also voids your CPU warranty from Intel

[h=4]Does Use of Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP) Void the CPU Warranty?Enabling and use of Intel® XMP is a type of overclocking1, and will ultimately void the CPU warranty. Altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications. Check with the manufacturers of system and components for additional details.


https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/extreme-memory-profile-xmp.html

The ram may be released in certain regions only or just doesn't get released. Contact G skill and ask them.

who cares about the warranty... yes, sure gskill eng. will gladly update my asus mobo bios 😄 I ordered xii apex just to do a test is it my cpus imc or what

bscool wrote:
XMP is overclocking and also voids your CPU warranty from Intel

[h=4]Does Use of Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP) Void the CPU Warranty?Enabling and use of Intel® XMP is a type of overclocking1, and will ultimately void the CPU warranty. Altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications. Check with the manufacturers of system and components for additional details.


https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/extreme-memory-profile-xmp.html

The ram may be released in certain regions only or just doesn't get released. Contact G skill and ask them.

bscool wrote:
XMP is overclocking and also voids your CPU warranty from Intel

[h=4]Does Use of Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP) Void the CPU Warranty?Enabling and use of Intel® XMP is a type of overclocking1, and will ultimately void the CPU warranty. Altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications. Check with the manufacturers of system and components for additional details.


https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/extreme-memory-profile-xmp.html

The ram may be released in certain regions only or just doesn't get released. Contact G skill and ask them.


The processor replacement plan is covered though. 🙂 But that's $20 or $25...

ohh and another hit of QVL list also maximus xii hero 😄 Iam still waiting someone from asus to reply me and to explane what is happening here..

85402*

sebagsm wrote:
ohh and another hit of QVL list also maximus xii hero 😄 Iam still waiting someone from asus to reply me and to explane what is happening here..


ASUS doesn't really post here. It's a customer discussion forum.

The way QVL works is the memory makers send samples to the board makers for testing. So ASUS tested what g.skill sent. It's up to g.skill whether they want to actually sell that model. Perhaps they couldn't get sufficient chips or perhaps it wasn't going to be profitable.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Have you placed your RAMs correctly on slots A2 and B2 and not A1 and B1 ?

Did you try the XMP 2 mode (the XMP 2 respect default XMP timings, while the XMP 1 optimise XMP timings) ?