cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus XI Series - New 1802 Bios

Vassilis008
Level 7
New bios released today. It works perfectly on my Asus Maximus XI Hero!

Version 1802
2020/12/15 8.17 MBytes
ROG MAXIMUS XI BIOS 1802
"Improve system stability
28 REPLIES 28

Enderwiggin03
Level 7
Still has memory issues on Z390-E, "better" than 1704. I can't boot with my 4000mhz timings, but XMP at 4266mhz works, but unstable occasionally, and will fail test 6 on Memtest86.

toytech
Level 7
1802 Bios has missing m.2 settings and what is SATA 7 and Sata 8, there is only 6 Black Sata connectors on the board

toytech wrote:
1802 Bios has missing m.2 settings and what is SATA 7 and Sata 8, there is only 6 Black Sata connectors on the board

What board do you have. I have the Maximus XI Extreme and there were no m.2 settings ever. There was only one setting on the Boot tab that allow turning on the native NVMe driver.

Jesseinsf wrote:
What board do you have. I have the Maximus XI Extreme and there were no m.2 settings ever. There was only one setting on the Boot tab that allow turning on the native NVMe driver.

Asus Maximus Hero XI

toytech wrote:
Asus Maximus Hero XI

Mine never had that and I don't know why.

After I updated to 1802 my SATA HDD's are disappeared. Bios and Windows. They don't turning up at all... Today I checked all the things around my HDD's... Other cables, other ports, other power-supply, other HDD's... Nothing is working ... tested with old Samsung 1TB (running nice before) and a 8TB Western Digital. The SATA Blu-Ray is recognized and running fine.

Board:
Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero WiFi

roman1528 wrote:
After I updated to 1802 my SATA HDD's are disappeared. Bios and Windows. They don't turning up at all... Today I checked all the things around my HDD's... Other cables, other ports, other power-supply, other HDD's... Nothing is working ... tested with old Samsung 1TB (running nice before) and a 8TB Western Digital. The SATA Blu-Ray is recognized and running fine.

Board:
Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero WiFi

Have you tried 1903 BIOS?

Jesseinsf wrote:
Have you tried 1903 BIOS?

Yep... Just 20 minutes ago... Not working... Maybe have to spend some money for new board and CPU... Guarantee is over since 2 month... Maybe the controller is damaged... But why the Blu-Ray is working? Don't know...

toytech wrote:
Asus Maximus Hero XI

Did the 1903 BIOS fix your issue?