cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus XI GPU BIOS

cadillacdan
Level 7
I installed a GeForce GTX 2070 Super with Bios (1105), which is what the MOBO already had. I have the graphics card in slot 1 and I have no other slots occupied. In the BIOS graphics card is not showing up under the GPU setting and show not supported. It does ever so often show up but at X8 not the X16. Not sure if there something wrong with PCIX16_1. With all the issues I am still able to see WIndows 10. Not understanding if the MOBO doesn't see grpahics cards how is the monitor still working meaning I can still watch youtube videos, surf the internet and so on. Grahpics card also shows up in device manager. Also been having issues with sleep mode and when I wake up PC the screen is black, which could be related.
17 REPLIES 17

mcmarky
Level 8
Maximus X Hero with ROG Strix 2080 OC, no BIOS detection of GPU! Seem to be useless...

XYchromosone
Level 10
Maximus XI Code BIOS not seeing RTX 2070 Super 8GB AIO water cooled VGA card in PCIe slot 1. However, during boot up, the screen resolution is 860 X 640 or what ever is the VGA resolution of good ol DOS days, but as the login in screen appears, the resolution changes [screen goes blank for a few seconds as it adjusts resolution] to what I set it for my monitor, 1080p and it appears that Windows sees the correct card there after [it's in device manager]. One thing that is unusual is that the on-chip Intel 630 iGPU gets installed in device manager even though I have set it in the BIOS to boot from the PCIe so as to disable the Intel 630 VGA iGPU. That tells me that Windows is also seeing the RTX 2070 not being detected in BIOS so it gets forced to install the Intel 630 drivers, along side of the RTX 2070. I updated the BIOS last time I used the PC to 1401, which might have something to do with this recent dilemma.

I shall go back to 1302 and see if that fixes this problem, but only after I re-seat the RTX 2070 GPU card including the i9 9900K, because the CPU socket had bent pins when I purchased it, which I fixed myself, which fixed the initial problem of the mobo not booting at all due to the bent pins. There are 1 or 2 pins not 100% lined up with the surrounding row of pins, but they are only very very slightly off center. The system has been working fine since I fixed the bent pins, though until the BIOS update, [which could just be coincidental?].

OH yeh, before this dilemma, the system booted up to a Blue Screen with error "unable to detect boot device", or something similar. I could not boot into Windows 10 or Ubuntu, [it was a dual boot system with Windows 10 x64 and Ubuntu 19.10 x64]. I was forced to reinstall Windows 10, which fixed the could not detect boot device problem, the installation process was able to see the 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD. It was shortly after re-installation that I noticed the VGA not detected in BIOS. I really hope it's not my mobo or the RTX 2070 but a BIOS problem. Hopefully a BIOS fix will fix it, if that is the case.

swddeluxx
Level 9
Have same problem with my ASUS ROG Maximus XI Gene Mainboard (latest 1401 Bios) and ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 OC !

GPU running Ok in Windows BUT - Mainboard Bios DON`T DETECT GPU correctly!

We all would like to hear the official answer from Asus ?

swddeluxx
Level 9
No answer?

swddeluxx
Level 9
Please answer from Asus Team

tank135
Level 7
Going back to Bios 1302 solved the issue for me (i had the issue with latest bios 1502)
Maximus Xi Hero
GTX 1080 TI
I7 8700k

Jesseinsf
Level 10
cadillacdan wrote:
I installed a GeForce GTX 2070 Super with Bios (1105), which is what the MOBO already had. I have the graphics card in slot 1 and I have no other slots occupied. In the BIOS graphics card is not showing up under the GPU setting and show not supported. It does ever so often show up but at X8 not the X16. Not sure if there something wrong with PCIX16_1. With all the issues I am still able to see WIndows 10. Not understanding if the MOBO doesn't see grpahics cards how is the monitor still working meaning I can still watch youtube videos, surf the internet and so on. Grahpics card also shows up in device manager. Also been having issues with sleep mode and when I wake up PC the screen is black, which could be related.

Only GTX Graphics cards will show up in BIOS (you have an RTX card). Everything else doesn't show up. You can check to see what PCIe slots are occupied and that PCIe slot 1 is running at 16X but that is it. No need to worry about this.

I know I'm a bit late, but was this issue ever solved. Cause mine is running x16 in bios No probz, showing up. I'm stuck with onboard Graphics though and nothing is doing the trick. I even forced bios to use PCIe but it keeps coming back to cpu graphics. When booted into Windows 10 I can switch to dp on my monitor and voila the graphics work. Can someone help me solve this issue cause it's getting annoying?