cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus XI Extreme problem with 4600mhz memory

Fraizer
Level 9
Hello

We have problem with the Asus Maximus XI Extreme and 4x 8gb =32 (even 2x 8gb =16 !) of 4600Mh from G.Skill the exact ref : G.Skill Trident Z Royal F4-4600C18D-16GTRS : Latency 18-22-22-42 at 1.45v. -> https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-4600c18d-16gtrs#tabs-spec Same problem with the 4600Mhz "NON" Royal. (Royal is just the plastic they put on the led nothing else)

i make them run actualy in manual mode (not xmp) at 3200Mhz Only.

I tried to put only 2 ram on dual channel

i tried XMP 1 and 2 i put the G.Skill constructor voltage : 1.45volts but bios dont boot.

Maybe it need to put an higer value on the VCCIO and System Agent Voltage ???

i dont found them on the QVL of the ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME_Memory_QVL. those 4600 are on the market before novembre 2018 (with the 4600 non royal who are exactly the same)
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/ROG_MAXIMUS_XI_EXTREME/ROG_MAXIMUS_XI_HERO_SERIES_Memo...

G.skill answer me is because Asus they dont add them then they will not work and no any other answer from g.skill usa who was rude by email and no more help...
11 REPLIES 11

JustinThyme
Level 13
Easy first step is to load XMP then scoll down the BIOS page and it will show the memory speed with a drop down where you can select slower frequency but leave the rest loaded. Id start around 3400 and work up from there. The manual tweaking is not something you want to dive into head first as a beginner. A lot of settings to set and understand.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Easy first step is to load XMP then scoll down the BIOS page and it will show the memory speed with a drop down where you can select slower frequency but leave the rest loaded. Id start around 3400 and work up from there. The manual tweaking is not something you want to dive into head first as a beginner. A lot of settings to set and understand.

thank you 🙂

- Can you please tell me wich XMP to load ? the XMP 1 or 2 ? (to understand what is the difference between them ?)

- i tried for the momdent with the XMP 1 and i answer to the question after that "No" . i did right ? i put my memory voltage at 1.45v (constructor voltage) and i decide like this because i read on other post for high freq memory to put at vccio and Sa both 1.300v and i suceed to boot until 4500Mhz !!! ^^ after that i put on the VCCIO and SA both 1.250V it boot again but it took much much long time than 1.300volts...

- to boot at 4600Mhz i have to increase more than 1.300v the VCCIO and SA ?