cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus X Formula availability

Leatjuhh
Level 7
Dear Asus,

As the title states; any info on when this board will be released and available. Especially personally I'm interested in EU availability date but for information completeness sake, please add other regions as well!

Thanks alot.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
32 REPLIES 32

Korth wrote:
A problem with that idea being that while many engineers could do a manager's job, most managers cannot do (or even comprehend) an engineer's job.

To be honest, I'd rather not have any managers (indeed any non-technical "outsiders") bumbling or bossing around in my work area, lol, easier to work without interruptions and distractions.

While I agree with your statement its not at all what I was talking about.

With Rajas statement the engineering and technical depts are obviously over taxed if they dont have the time to devote to more than one project at a time. I wouldnt want them spreading out trying to cover multiple projects as this just leads to confusion and further delays, what I was getting at is more engineers in the engineering dept and more techs in the testing/R&D. Certainly not management as they already made the poor decision to leave the bread and butter depts understaffed.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
While I agree with your statement its not at all what I was talking about.

With Rajas statement the engineering and technical depts are obviously over taxed if they dont have the time to devote to more than one project at a time. I wouldnt want them spreading out trying to cover multiple projects as this just leads to confusion and further delays, what I was getting at is more engineers in the engineering dept and more techs in the testing/R&D. Certainly not management as they already made the poor decision to leave the bread and butter depts understaffed.

There are people that look at these things, and you'd have to know the volumes of each product to understand if a decision is sound or not. At the forum level, all one can do is list ideals.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Segmented releases are a necessity because it is not possible to develop all of the boards at the same time. Some models also take longer to make.

Fair enough! Would you mind telling us then when the Apex, which according to the official Asus presentation slide should be available for a week now but isn't, will be for sale in Europe? I have my eye on this beautiful piece of engineering 🙂
Asus Z370 Maximus X Hero | Intel Core i7-8700K 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 | G.Skill Trident Z 3333MHz CL16 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p | Windows 10 Pro x64

The F34R Channel wrote:
Fair enough! Would you mind telling us then when the Apex, which according to the official Asus presentation slide should be available for a week now but isn't, will be for sale in Europe? I have my eye on this beautiful piece of engineering 🙂

Apply the same principal of leeway to all boards. I don't get involved in giving out dates as they are always liable to change.

Korth
Level 14
I think licensing issues could be involved. USB3.x certifications. SLI certification. Thunderbolt certification. FCC (and WiFi) certification.

The more feature-rich boards come with more paperwork, the regulatory agencies are probably juggling time for every motherboard from every manufacturer right now since Intel jumped everybody's schedules off track without the usual "grace period" before a major launch.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth
Level 14
The ASUS Z370 announcement page says MAXIMUS X HERO already available in USA and Canada, APEX releases in October, CODE/FORMULA release in November.

But "The roadmaps are loose schedules, so I'd give at least one month leeway" and "Apply the same principle of leeway to all boards ... as [dates] are always liable to change."

Seems like the best answer we'll get until motherboards are actually on the shelves, lol. Very worst case leeway, APEX might be delayed until end of November, CODE and FORMULA might be delayed until end of December.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Be careful on these forums. Reading the questions about release dates is funny to me in a mad hatter kind of way. I'm still waiting for the ability to order a rampage vi extreme. It's all a big game with our sanity.

Vlada011
Level 10
Now I see why people ask for Formula. Nicest from Formula series and bottom heatsink make big difference.
This is strong and I suppose heavy motherboard. I like heavy motherboards.

in another hardware board a asus employee wrote the boards should be available to buy next week 😮

markussimo wrote:
in another hardware board a asus employee wrote the boards should be available to buy next week 😮

Can you link to the post, I'm waiting for the x code to finish my build.