cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus X Formula availability

Leatjuhh
Level 7
Dear Asus,

As the title states; any info on when this board will be released and available. Especially personally I'm interested in EU availability date but for information completeness sake, please add other regions as well!

Thanks alot.


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
25,505 Views
32 REPLIES 32

RambOe
Level 7
I think on January 2017. The IX Formula was released on January 2016 in the EU.

JustinThyme
Level 13
This isnt following CES like the IX series was. All the Z270s hit the market at the same time with the exception of the Apex a month or so later and several months on the extreme. They already sent samples out for review a few weeks ago so I imagine the entire line, except apex and extreme, will be on the shelves in at least limited quantity within a few weeks tops to be fashionably late to the coffee lake launch.
Im just now getting my X299 rampage VI extreme today and Im one of the lucky ones. its been to market for over a month but always in EXTREMEly limited quantities. Vendors have been getting like 10 samples at a time and they are often sold out in a matter of 30 minutes or less.



“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

The_F34R_Channe
Level 7
Late November according to the official Asus presentation slide. Same for the code. Why they do segmented releases is beyond me tbh. Do they want to make money or not?
Asus Z370 Maximus X Hero | Intel Core i7-8700K 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 | G.Skill Trident Z 3333MHz CL16 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p | Windows 10 Pro x64

The F34R Channel wrote:
Late November according to the official Asus presentation slide. Same for the code. Why they do segmented releases is beyond me tbh. Do they want to make money or not?


What they are counting on and it usually works is those who are going to buy it loyally will wait.
They actually make more money due to the segment of those who cant wait will buy a lesser board now then another in a few months.



“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

The F34R Channel wrote:
Late November according to the official Asus presentation slide. Same for the code. Why they do segmented releases is beyond me tbh. Do they want to make money or not?



Segmented releases are a necessity because it is not possible to develop all of the boards at the same time. Some models also take longer to make.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Segmented releases are a necessity because it is not possible to develop all of the boards at the same time. Some models also take longer to make.


Thanks for enlighting us Raja!

Can you confirm they will be in stores (for EU) around late november?

I'm post-poning my z270 build based on this info. Thanks!

Leatjuhh wrote:
Thanks for enlighting us Raja!

Can you confirm they will be in stores (for EU) around late november?

I'm post-poning my z270 build based on this info. Thanks!


The roadmaps are loose schedules, so I'd give at least one month leeway.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Segmented releases are a necessity because it is not possible to develop all of the boards at the same time. Some models also take longer to make.


Is this due to resource limitations?

With the speed at which the market is changing these days I would think they would put a team on every product and not practice the less is more management principles that seem to be the model for a lot of corporations these days. Cut positions and add the responsibilities of the position cut to someone else's already saturated workload.



“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
With the speed at which the market is changing these days I would think they would put a team on every product and not practice the less is more management principles that seem to be the model for a lot of corporations these days. Cut positions and add the responsibilities of the position cut to someone else's already saturated workload.

A problem with that idea being that while many engineers could do a manager's job, most managers cannot do (or even comprehend) an engineer's job.

To be honest, I'd rather not have any managers (indeed any non-technical "outsiders") bumbling or bossing around in my work area, lol, easier to work without interruptions and distractions.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]