cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus AI Suite 3,Corsair H115i V2 and CPU fan configuration

alexandre1984
Level 7
I'm having problems in AI suite 3 to config the cpu fan.

I connect the 3 pin cable from corsair to cpu_fan, and the 2 rqad fans to the cables that come from corsair.

The problem is in AI suite 3, I have all grey and can't config cpu fan depending on cpu temperatures.

When I run fan tuning, it seems it can't detect the fans.

After run fan tuning, I got this:

When I click on cpu fan, I got this:

Can you help me please?

All of my chassi fans are being controlled by this software with no problem.
4 REPLIES 4

MikelMolto
Level 7
I also have a 115i. My MB is the Hero.
If You connect the H115i to the cpu_fan, this is wrong because the cpu_fan connector is regulated but You want always fix 12V to Your 115i!
Connect the H115i to the AIO_Pump. connector and the Fans from the H115i to the H115i Fan connector.

The AIO_Pump connector is not regulated and has always 12V.

Ok, I will change to aio pump.

But if I connect the h115i fans to the pump, I wont be able to control them with ai suite 3. Only in corsair link, correct?

Should I connect the fans to cpu fan with a fan splitter?

alexandre1984 wrote:
But if I connect the h115i fans to the pump, I wont be able to control them with ai suite 3. Only in corsair link, correct?

This is correct. In Corsair Link You can regulate the Fans the same way like in ai suite 3.
Important is, that the H115i get always 12V and not less.
The Pump can be regulated in corsair link only for 2 speeds what is Silent or Performance. According to the Corsair Forum it is not good for a pump to be regulated the same way like a Fan and this is the reason, why You only get 2 Speeds. The Silent speed is OK for Your daily performance and if You run the computer for a long time with heavy load You could change to the performance speed but usually the Silent mode should also handle this.

cekeu
Level 12
You can connect the fans of the h115i directly on CPU-fan and CPU-optional fan, in which case you can control them with AI suite3 or in the BIOS. At this point you will not be able to control them with Corsair Link. You can also connect the pump to a free fan connector. So you can read the speed of the pump in AI Suite 3 in a fan-dedicated location, and you will only be able to control the speed of the pump with Corsair Link This is because the pump is powered with a SATA plug and connected by USB to act on it.