leo91531
Level 7
GPU temp is disappear?
AI_Suite_III_3.00.28

WIN10 1809
STRIX RX480
M11H

https://imgur.com/IoL8Vic

i have a msi 1080ti before and i flash the vbios to asus x vbios, then i successful to read GPU temp

and can it add to read other brand VGA card GPU temp without flash asus vbios?
8 REPLIES 8

mdzcpa
Level 12
I think the entire GPU/Fan configuration in AIS III needs to be fixed. I have an Asus 2080 strix card and the GPU selection shows up for me. However, even when I select it, the fans do not change according to the GPU temps. The yellow dot appears on the fan curve and moves with GPU temp changes, but the fan speed does not change. I know this is not a direct answer for your issue, but I think the entire GPU temp control with Expert Fan needs fixing.

mdzcpa wrote:
I think the entire GPU/Fan configuration in AIS III needs to be fixed. I have an Asus 2080 strix card and the GPU selection shows up for me. However, even when I select it, the fans do not change according to the GPU temps. The yellow dot appears on the fan curve and moves with GPU temp changes, but the fan speed does not change. I know this is not a direct answer for your issue, but I think the entire GPU temp control with Expert Fan needs fixing.

thank report.

I know it work good on old version with ASUS VGA or flash asus vbios VGA.

And i think all GPU-Z can read GPU temp, why asus limit to read GPU temp only ASUS card can?

That fan control APP is very nice, hope ASUS can fix it.

mdzcpa wrote:

I'd really be interested in a solution as well since I've got the exact same problem you have with a Strix Z370-F Gaming mainboard and a STRIX 2070 OC graphics card. I'd really like to use the GPU temperature as the source to control my chassis fans but the yellow dot stays at the minimum RPM as soon as I pick GPU temperature (and no matter how high the temperature is going)...

mdzcpa
Level 12
I use PCH temps and the second best option. GPU would be way better though.

SofMaz
Level 7
He folks I have the exact same problem with no RTX GPU temp support anymore. Maybe you post your experience also on my thread, so ASUS might get more attention on this issue.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?107482-GeForce-RTX-AI-Suite-GPU-Temp-Fan-Xpert-amp-GPU-Twe...

SofMaz wrote:
He folks I have the exact same problem with no RTX GPU temp support anymore. Maybe you post your experience also on my thread, so ASUS might get more attention on this issue.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?107482-GeForce-RTX-AI-Suite-GPU-Temp-Fan-Xpert-amp-GPU-Twe...

I read your post and your problem is a bit different. AI Suite and Fan Expert has no problem recognizing my GPU temp on my GTX 2080 Ti. I also have the ability to select GPU temp as the source to affect the fan curve. The issue is that fan speeds remain unaffected by changes in GPU temp.

mdzcpa wrote:
I read your post and your problem is a bit different. AI Suite and Fan Expert has no problem recognizing my CPU temp on my GTX 2080 Ti. I also have the ability to select GPU temp as the source to affect the fan curve. The issue is that fan speeds remain unaffected by changes in GPU temp.

No, its pretty much the same. At the beginning I had the same problem like you. I am pretty sure, if you uninstall and reinstall AI Suite you will not see GPU temps, too. But anyway I also had this problem at the beginning. just as mentioned in my post. Quote: "At the beginning, when I just installed the 2080, Fan Expert recognizes GPU temps and gives me the opportunity to choose GPU temp instead of CPU temps as source for case fans."

But it does not need to be 100% the same problem. Both problems are related to RTX cards and problem with AI Suite GPU temps . My threads name is clearly dedicated to RTX. If you dont write your problem there and it remains only me, Asus probably wont give attention. But if everybody with same or similar prblem posts Asus might get more attention to that problem. So...

Edit: OK I reinstalled my 1080 Ti and still I dont get GPU Temps on AI Suite. Really strange thing.

SofMaz wrote:
No, its pretty much the same. At the beginning I had the same problem like you. I am pretty sure, if you uninstall and reinstall AI Suite you will not see GPU temps, too. But anyway I also had this problem at the beginning. just as mentioned in my post. Quote: "At the beginning, when I just installed the 2080, Fan Expert recognizes GPU temps and gives me the opportunity to choose GPU temp instead of CPU temps as source for case fans."

But it does not need to be 100% the same problem. Both problems are related to RTX cards and problem with AI Suite GPU temps . My threads name is clearly dedicated to RTX. If you dont write your problem there and it remains only me, Asus probably wont give attention. But if everybody with same or similar prblem posts Asus might get more attention to that problem. So...

Edit: OK I reinstalled my 1080 Ti and still I dont get GPU Temps on AI Suite. Really strange thing.

Yep, this is a AI Suite Fan Expert issue. Doesn't seem to matter the GPU you have installed. I have re installed AIS a few times and the result is always the same. It recognizes the temp, and I can select the GPU temp, but fan is not controlled. It does this with a strix 2080 ti, strix 1080 ti, and an FE Titan X.

I find it particularly annoying that even the strix cards do not work.