cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9900K delid overcloking at 5.2ghz or 5.3... What you think about those settings ?

Fraizer
Level 9
Hi

i delid and make an direct die more of 1 month ago on my 9900K who is runing actualy at 5.2ghz - 1.27v or even 5.3 with more voltage but not stable....
i use AIDA64 Extreme to test stabitity.

I think is just because i dont put the right settings on the bios of my Asus Maximus XI Extreme (last bios 0602)... I have limited knowledge on overcloking. i make an mix of what i found on different youtube videos about this motherboard and this cpu...

(the memory : i dont know if it is right to do that but like you can see on the screenshot i put only 3200mhz with 1.40v to be sure i will get no issue from the memory when i oc my 9900K)

Can you provide me some advice to make better bios settings to OC at 5.3ghz ? some tests to follow ?

My setup :

- Intel i9 9900K
- Asus Maximus XI Extreme (Z390, last bios 0602)
- G.Skill 32GB DDR4 4x 8gb 4266MHz 17-18-18-38 @1.45volts (g.skill ref: F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR)
(the memory : i dont know if it is right to do that but like you can see on the screenshot i put only 3200mhz with 1.40v to be sure i will get no issue from the memory when i oc my 9900K)
- 1x NVMe Drive only (no sata or other hard drive)
- EVGA 2080 Ti
- sound card Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus
- Enermax 1200watts platinum
- Windows 10 pro fresh install/ all updates

6 REPLIES 6

x-rated
Level 8
you can try my settings i use for 5 GHz https://imgur.com/a/OVPVIhT
on your screenshots i see at least two main problems (probably):
1) dont use LLC 8 with such low vcore, use at least 7 or 6 with higher (and adaptive) vcore to get even better temperatures and better stability in heavy loads
2) that memory speed and timings will probably require even higher IO and SA voltage, which is something i dont recommend you (or you can try higher, but stay below 1,3V) - or just increase first timing to 18 (or all three timings to 19 to stay around 1,25 IO and SA voltages), also maximus tweak 1 could help with memory related stability 🙂

you should also start without XMP - tweak your CPU first with default memory speed at 2133 MHz 🙂

JustinThyme
Level 13
What are your temps? 5.2 is respectable and getting to 5.3 stable will be a crap shoot as your settings are already far beyond anything I would do, especially LLC of 8. I go 5 tops with that but prefer to keep it as low as I can. My current OC its set to 4. I almost always start out at 3 and adjust up if I hit a wall.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

bass_junkie_xl
Level 11
is that oc and 1.27v prime 95 stable / asus real bench whea error free @ 5.2 ghz no avx ?????? that seems super low some need 1.27v for 4.7 ghz
Rig # 1 - 14900Ks SP-118 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,600 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | PG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 14900K-SP-120 | 89 MC @ 5.9 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

Fraizer
Level 9

the memory is temporary, time to have the best cpu oc.

the official settings is : G.Skill 32GB DDR4 4x 8gb 4266MHz 17-18-18-38 @1.45volts.

@x-rated

thank you man 🙂

I have limited knowledge on overcloking

1) what you recomand me to put on those values in the recommandation "1)" ?

2) regarding the informations i just add on this answer about memory what do you think ? i just dont wanted to have trouble with my CPU OC.

@JustinThyme

my temp under AIDA64 Extreme with an AIO OC 360 rad (temporary waiting to found the good OC before i install my custom watercooling with an Mora Rad etc...) was arround 80°c in load.

i read many of your post and you are a good OC man 🙂 unfotuntaly not me ^^ i am limited on oc knowledges. To say i am lost about what is the real issue or way to put this or this LLC value ^^
do you think i can run this cpu arround 5.3ghz with better bios settings ?

@ bass junkie xl

i test arround 15 cpu to found this one, i saw other people on oc forum can run at 5.4 at 1.32volts...

x-rated
Level 8
1) try LLC 6 with adaptive voltage 1,34V for 5 GHz first, test properly, your CPU is delided so try Prime95 with AVX enabled too to see your cooling capabilities 🙂 after stabilizing 5 GHz with AVX on, you can try to push harder, would be good to set AVX negative offset to keep AVX frequency at 5 GHz max
2) you have probably XMP profile for 4,3 and JEDEC 2,1 GHz only, everything in between could cause instability, so disable XMP for CPU OC first and test CPU with memory at 2,1 GHz only 🙂 when you finish with CPU, you can start with memory overclocking

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
nice work. not bad. yes LLC is to high BUT i will experience these on the flesh since i got the CPU today. I wish that i can do these But i can not do it!
Learn, Play Enjoy!