Changes:
- Support WIN 11 installed or upgraded

Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE
Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI)
Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI APEX
Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME

Note:
Wanted to highlight that performance decrease has gone with 1903 and my 3DMark results are back to normal. I believe there was an issue with decreased CPU clocks, low voltage and XMP issues with 1901-1902. Same nVidia driver 471.41

1902 BIOS - 7517 Score in Port Royale https://www.3dmark.com/pr/1139088
1903 BIOS - 7999 Score in Port Royale https://www.3dmark.com/pr/1156174
39 REPLIES 39

I just updated to 1903 from 0805 😄 on my Maximus XI and have no issues with XMP. I didn't see any reason to update for this long as everything has always worked for me. I'm using G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB.

limitz
Level 7
Asus Maximus XI Code - BIOS 1602 and XMP II works fine.

Yesterday I Updated to BIOS 1903. I setup XMP II and entered my Overclock settings manually from scratch beginning to end. At restart it will fail to POST three times in a consecutive loop prior to entering BIOS in Safemode.

XMP II and manual setting never failed when on older BIOS 1602.

If I Load Optimized Default it will boot to Windows 10 x64 fine.

Also, same issue arises with BIOS 1802 and 1902. I haven't tried BIOS 1704 yet.

Obviously this needs to be addressed and fixed!
Maximus V Formula | i7 3770K | Windows 8 Pro x64 | Corsair H100 | Corsair 1050HX | Corsair GT 120 SSD x2 RAID 0 | Corsair GT DDR3 8GB | EVGA GTX 580 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Corsair 800D

- "Closed mouths do not get fed" 😉

ThatsBS
Level 8
Can anyone tell me if I can flash to 1903 and go from legacy bios to uefi without reinstalling windows? I'm using extreme mb. TIA

ThatsBS wrote:
Can anyone tell me if I can flash to 1903 and go from legacy bios to uefi without reinstalling windows? I'm using extreme mb. TIA

How to Convert Legacy BIOS to UEFI in Windows 10 - Make Tech Easier

BizSAR
Level 9
My support channel/ticket has gone silent now for over a week.
BizSAR

BizSAR
Level 9
Now updated, I'm sending in my RAM for testing.
BizSAR

oshanperera556
Level 7
ibushovskiy wrote:
Hello guys,

Just wanted to update you regarding new BIOS for ROG MAXIMUS XI series

Changes:
- Support WIN 11 installed or upgraded

Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE
Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI)
Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI APEX
Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME

Note:
Wanted to highlight that performance decrease has gone with 1903 and my 3DMark results are back to normal. I believe there was an issue with decreased CPU clocks, low voltage and XMP issues with 1901-1902. Same nVidia driver 471.41

1902 BIOS - 7517 Score in Port Royale https://www.3dmark.com/pr/1139088
1903 BIOS - 7999 Score in Port Royale https://www.3dmark.com/pr/1156174

why this update doesn't have my ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) Call of Duty edition?
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xi-hero-wi-fi-call-of-duty-black-ops-4-edi...
sorry for my bad english!

rjbarker
Level 11
MXI E w 9900K
Fairly substantial loop....

Prior to updating BIOS to ver 1903 (did this for both Resize Bar and W11 support)

Updated from ver 1503 to latest 1903 (both BIOS chips) :

- very odd behavious whereby Intel Speed Shift disappeared all together...as in not appearing under Intel Speed Step (CPU Power Management)
- BIOS was supposed to "auto enable TPM 2.0", BUT it didnt, still had to go in and make the 2 changes to allow system to be "ready for W11".
- At one point just about everything had dissapeared from the "Tools Menu" on one of the BIOS chips.
- completely borked my 3 yr old stable OC's, particularly my 5.1 and 5.2 Ghz benching OC's
- Previous 5.1 Ghz Benching OC was good at 1.365v 5.2 Ghz 1.385v ......not just BSOD
- XMP 1 and 2 seem to load ok

The dissapearing items from the BIOS screen , which after a re-boot they will magically re-appear is really really odd!!!!

Now, I would normally "set to stock settings", F10 and shut down prior to flashing new BIOS....this time I got lazy and left it in a 5Ghz OC state ....

Not sure whats up...but I havent ruled out corrupt BIOS...I'm away from my PC for a week or so, when home I will set back to default...F10..shut down and re-flash, see if that helps.

Once back home I'll go into bios reset to defaults save and shut down then try a re-flash of 1903,,,,if all the same anomalies and strange stuff encountered as indicating above, then I know its a poor BIOS, maybe rushed out to meet W11 installers...who knows.

Is it necessary to clear CMOS after resetting to defaults and shutting down ? I have done many BIOS flashes on Maximus and Rampage boards and have never had to clear CMOS to ensure a good flash ?

Came here to check if this was ever resolved. I had the XMP issue with 1902 and rolled back to 1901, where XMP seems to work without issue for me. Glad I caught this before attempting to upgrade to 1903 to see if it fixes my issue with my G9 failing to wake from sleep & causing my computer to hang when I have at least 2 other monitors connected.

Whomp whomp indeed.

ROG_Sic
Level 7
Updated to bios v1903 since released, been stable without any issues here as well.