Changes:
- Support WIN 11 installed or upgraded

Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE
Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI)
Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI APEX
Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME

Note:
Wanted to highlight that performance decrease has gone with 1903 and my 3DMark results are back to normal. I believe there was an issue with decreased CPU clocks, low voltage and XMP issues with 1901-1902. Same nVidia driver 471.41

1902 BIOS - 7517 Score in Port Royale https://www.3dmark.com/pr/1139088
1903 BIOS - 7999 Score in Port Royale https://www.3dmark.com/pr/1156174
39 REPLIES 39

X-Terminus wrote:
I just submitted ticket regarding this XMP issue in BIOS 1903.

Any luck? They wanted video proof of the 1802 BIOS booting fine with XMP enabled. I sent that, and now they want to RMA my board. I'm not too keen on that.
It's occurring for me regardless of PTT (TPM) being enabled or not.
BizSAR

BizSAR wrote:
Any luck? They wanted video proof of the 1802 BIOS booting fine with XMP enabled. I sent that, and now they want to RMA my board. I'm not too keen on that.
It's occurring for me regardless of PTT (TPM) being enabled or not.

They told me that if I have broken RAM slot, I can RMA my board. But, I told them that that I'm using my CMO profile from BIOS 1704, and that the board is working normally. I told them that I just need them to make a new update to the BIOS to fix this issue. The ticket was closed.

X-Terminus wrote:
They told me that if I have broken RAM slot, I can RMA my board. But, I told them that that I'm using my CMO profile from BIOS 1704, and that the board is working normally. I told them that I just need them to make a new update to the BIOS to fix this issue. The ticket was closed.

Instead of loading a .CMO, try the same settings manually.

X-Terminus wrote:

So far, they have had me try adding the XMP profile, then manually drop the mem voltage to 1.2v, but it still didn't work. I ran Memtest86 and no failures, but they took this pass to mean I had now passed the issue. I corrected them on that and now waiting to hear back again.
This is after them telling me my memory was not in the QVL list (doesn't much matter if it worked fine in 1802 and previous), and them wanting to RMA my board (I said no thanks...again, it works just fine with 1802 and older...it's not the board).
BizSAR

X-Terminus wrote:

Same problem on my Rog Strix z390 gaming-e with the g skill trident z rgb ram. Post only in safe mode when xmp profile is actived. BUGGED bios.

andrea1979 wrote:
Same problem on my Rog Strix z390 gaming-e with the g skill trident z rgb ram. Post only in safe mode when xmp profile is actived. BUGGED bios.

Hello Andrea, what kind of RAM do you have? When you set XMP, manually change secondary DRAM Write latency in DRAM Timing Control to 15/16 (depend on timing).
Sincerely,
Legolas

Legolas wrote:
Hello Andrea, what kind of RAM do you have? When you set XMP, manually change secondary DRAM Write latency in DRAM Timing Control to 15/16 (depend on timing).

My ram are 3000mhz cl 16... xmp 1 crash and xmp 2 crash. Manually option crash. The pc boot w10 only if xmp is disabile. I wait for next bios realase now with 1802 works fine. 1903 have a bug it is the only response

andrea1979 wrote:
My ram are 3000mhz cl 16... xmp 1 crash and xmp 2 crash. Manually option crash. The pc boot w10 only if xmp is disabile. I wait for next bios realase now with 1802 works fine. 1903 have a bug it is the only response

What is the make and model of your memory modules?

Hi,

I just registered in order to respond to this thread. I'm having very similar problems with my z390-e motherboard. Initially I tried 1902/1903 with G.Skill F4-3200C16D-32GTZKW RAM and I noticed that it took more attempts than normal after updating the bios to get it to initially post. After setting up the bios as usual I noticed that sometimes when I would boot that the memok lights would get stuck on white with no picture on the monitor but the system disk was active. Eventually my system would boot and the monitor would go on as soon as I got to my desktop. If I got the system to boot without getting stuck on the white then it would generally continue to boot normally when restarting so long as I didn't cut power to my PC. When I cut power to my PC(which I do every night) I always initially get stuck on white again, although the system will still boot with the monitor coming on as soon as it loaded to my desktop. Usually only one restart at this point would get it to go through the normal memok light sequence and boot properly although sometimes I would need to reboot more than once. At one point when getting stuck on the white from a cold boot, I decided to just keep using it as is and I eventually had a blue screen crash. I never had instability before this bios update or when I would reboot and get it to go through the normal memok light sequence but I did when I left it with the white light stuck on and the unusual boot.

I just bought some new RAM and decided to try that with 1903. The RAM is G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZR. With this RAM I can not get the bios to post normally, although I did get it into safe mode once I believe. Normally it would get stuck on white like the previous RAM but without booting like my previous RAM did and resetting would lead to the same memok sequence getting stuck on white with no disk activity. This happened every time except once where it eventually went into safe mode after multiple failed memok sequences. I tried clearing the CMOS and tried it multiple times but could not get it to normally post or work properly.

I've now reverted back to 1802, although I did get it stuck on white once with this new RAM(never had that with the old RAM on this bios) on the first boot after clearing the CMOS. Hitting the reset button remedied that and once I set the bios up properly it boots correctly now every time. Whether restarting or from a cold boot after being unplugged all night.

I hope this isn't too confusing. I think there is definitely something wrong with the 1902/1903 bios. I can't get this new RAM to post after a fresh bios flash and this new RAM I just bought was specifically made for z390 boards. My board(z390-e) is listed on G.Skill's website as one of the boards that it is specifically designed for. My previous RAM was made specifically for z370 and yet that one will post although not without its problems as I mentioned above.

The new RAM is now working properly with no instability problems and even overclocked with the 1802 bios but it won't even post after a fresh bios flash or cleared CMOS with 1902/1903.

BTW I tried loading from an old profile and I also tried setting up the bios manually. It didn't make any difference for my old RAM and the new RAM won't even post correctly with 1903.

AndAbel wrote:
Hi,

I just registered in order to respond to this thread. I'm having very similar problems with my z390-e motherboard. Initially I tried 1902/1903 with G.Skill F4-3200C16D-32GTZKW RAM and I noticed that it took more attempts than normal after updating the bios to get it to initially post. After setting up the bios as usual I noticed that sometimes when I would boot that the memok lights would get stuck on white with no picture on the monitor but the system disk was active. Eventually my system would boot and the monitor would go on as soon as I got to my desktop. If I got the system to boot without getting stuck on the white then it would generally continue to boot normally when restarting so long as I didn't cut power to my PC. When I cut power to my PC(which I do every night) I always initially get stuck on white again, although the system will still boot with the monitor coming on as soon as it loaded to my desktop. Usually only one restart at this point would get it to go through the normal memok light sequence and boot properly although sometimes I would need to reboot more than once. At one point when getting stuck on the white from a cold boot, I decided to just keep using it as is and I eventually had a blue screen crash. I never had instability before this bios update or when I would reboot and get it to go through the normal memok light sequence but I did when I left it with the white light stuck on and the unusual boot.

I just bought some new RAM and decided to try that with 1903. The RAM is G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZR. With this RAM I can not get the bios to post normally, although I did get it into safe mode once I believe. Normally it would get stuck on white like the previous RAM but without booting like my previous RAM did and resetting would lead to the same memok sequence getting stuck on white with no disk activity. This happened every time except once where it eventually went into safe mode after multiple failed memok sequences. I tried clearing the CMOS and tried it multiple times but could not get it to normally post or work properly.

I've now reverted back to 1802, although I did get it stuck on white once with this new RAM(never had that with the old RAM on this bios) on the first boot after clearing the CMOS. Hitting the reset button remedied that and once I set the bios up properly it boots correctly now every time. Whether restarting or from a cold boot after being unplugged all night.

I hope this isn't too confusing. I think there is definitely something wrong with the 1902/1903 bios. I can't get this new RAM to post after a fresh bios flash and this new RAM I just bought was specifically made for z390 boards. My board(z390-e) is listed on G.Skill's website as one of the boards that it is specifically designed for. My previous RAM was made specifically for z370 and yet that one will post although not without its problems as I mentioned above.

The new RAM is now working properly with no instability problems and even overclocked with the 1802 bios but it won't even post after a fresh bios flash or cleared CMOS with 1902/1903.

BTW I tried loading from an old profile and I also tried setting up the bios manually. It didn't make any difference for my old RAM and the new RAM won't even post correctly with 1903.

That's really strange. I also have the G.Skill F4-3200C14D kit but with all four slots populated on the maximus XI hero wifi. It's stable at 4100C16 and 4200C17 with the 1903 bios. However, it's true that sometimes it takes a few seconds during cold boots to post. It seems these motherboards work a lot better with four ram sticks from the testing that I have done.