cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0702 and 0802 bios completely unstable.

Enderwiggin03
Level 7
I saw there was an update for my Z390-E, only to have all sorts of issues once flashed. I first tired the 0702 twice, then figured it was an error, so I tried the online via bios download, which was 0802. I tried both with the same settings only to corrupt my antivirus, tons of BSOD's etc. I don't know if it's the newer bios not liking my overclock, or what. Once I reflashed to 0602, and loaded settings, stability was back to normal. What could have possibly changed that made my overclock unstable to the point where booting to Windows was impossible? I also had some VGA leds, or hung boots, I even moved my m.2 to slot _1, battery pull, etc and it was still super unstable.
8 REPLIES 8

Desperanto
Level 7
0702 the same: just stuck in windows... 0803 works fine

samhyu
Level 7
My test result is not stable, maybe related to DDR4 timing.
Finally I gave up, and back to 0602.

samhyu wrote:
My test result is not stable, maybe related to DDR4 timing.
Finally I gave up, and back to 0602.

I thought the same thing, maybe a training issue, but timings were the exact same as reported by ASRock Timing Configurator.

mdzcpa
Level 12
On my Hero XI I am running stable with 0702. However I have noticed DXE routine at boot up (Code 64) is taking much longer. DXE can be halted or lagged due to memory issues. I suspect something off in the new BIOS. I may be flashing back to 0602.

mdzcpa wrote:
On my Hero XI I am running stable with 0702. However I have noticed DXE routine at boot up (Code 64) is taking much longer. DXE can be halted or lagged due to memory issues. I suspect something off in the new BIOS. I may be flashing back to 0602.

I'm not sure what DXE is, the Z390-E only has error LED's and no codes, no or tweaks in bios.

Menthol
Level 14
The 0802 bios added support for the new CPU's without on die GPU's, if you don't plan on using one of these CPU's why update to that bios?
0702 updates RST, if your not running a raid array, not necessary, improves system stability and performance, probably over 0802 bios, sticking to 0602 here because everything works so nothing to fix on my system

Was having some BSOD's with 0602, turned off Speed Shift, which apparently was on, some memory training options, and tried 0702 again last night, so far things are looking good, some of the memory timings are better and worse (some went up by 1, others went down). So far stable and happy, more testing, but feeling confident.

Take it back, RAM very unstable with 0702, will boot, but several Windows BSODs, flashed 0602 back with no problems, and better/more constant timings.