cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270H red led on the bottom corner

Dan87
Level 8
Hi guys!

After being an happy Asus ROG GL552VW owner I finally decided to build my own desktop. Unfortunately I was unlucky in a couple of things:

1) my z270H came without a sata cable, so I couldn't connect my SSD. I have purchased a cable that will arrive tomorrow.
2) my GPU is still on its way...

I am experiencing an issue with the mobo. When I plug the power supply, there's a red led on the down right corner as shown on the image below (under the rog logo, it seems like the image is shown rotated when I attach it):

when I power the desktop the led stays red whilst the the one on top goes green (when the power is off the led on top is off as well).

I have connected the pc to my TV via HDMI port as I don't have a monitor yet. Unfortunately whilst the pc powers up, I can't see anything on the screen. The other thing I noticed is that when I power up the pc, it starts "slowly" and to be more specific it seems like the fans start, stop and then work normally... I hope it make sense.

These are the specs of my pc:

• Intel i7 7700k 4.2ghz
  • Asus z270H
  • Corsair Vengeance LED 2x8GB
  • Corsair RM750i
  • Corsair H100i v2

As mentioned, the SSD is not connected yet as I miss the SATA cable, there's no GPU yet and I'm connecting the desktop to the TV.

It is my understanding that I should at least get to the bios, but I only get a black screen. I tried to use just one ram memory stick but it doesn't work. What puzzles me is the red led that is always on. I am wondering if I can't see anything because I miss the GPU and I can't connect the mobo via HDMI to the TV for this reason.

As you can understand, I am a newby in this and I would really appreciate your support. And I apologise for my English, this is not my first language.

Thank you everyone.
3 REPLIES 3

Dan87
Level 8
Apologies for posting twice. I have just realised that the red led is the stand by power LED and it's supposed to stay on. I believe that is the green light on top is on when I power the PC, everything should be fine. Now I wonder if I cannot see anything on my TV because I cannot connect it via HDMI without a GPU. Hope you can shed some light on this. Thank you guys.

Dan87 wrote:
Now I wonder if I cannot see anything on my TV because I cannot connect it via HDMI without a GPU.

It should work fine. I've used the iGPU with a TV via HDMI before. The thing is that some TVs are picky and many times there are handshake problems.

Dan87
Level 8
The problem has been solved.

I'll post the solution as someone might need it in the future:

Once the GPU arrived and I plugged it in, the monitor worked. I have connected my TV through the HDMI port from my graphic card. So, all I needed was a GPU.

The red/orange led in the corner simply indicates that the pc is either on, in sleep mode or stand by. If any of the top led stays on, then there's a problem. The green led was indicating that I didn't have my SSD connected (as mentioned, my motherboard came without cable but Asus UK was kind enough to send me one the day after. Spot on).

I hope it will be helpful for who's gonna build a desktop in the future.

Kind regards,
Dan