cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270e USB3.1 and PCI-EX1_2&4

brezza
Level 7
I have installed BIOS 1009 on Z270E, and I cannot select PCI-EX1_2&4 over USB3.1 option. I want to use pcie slots not usb3.1 front.
Actually, I can choose PCI-EX1_2&4 option in bios, but after restart, BIOS always roll back option USB3.1 even if I disable front USB3.1 controller?!!!

Does it happen to anyone? Any thoughts? THX in advance
9 REPLIES 9

Of course I do!!!!
Bios just roll back it to usb3.1
bug I suppose?!!

Chino
Level 15
*7 The USB 3.1 front panel connector shares bandwidth with PCIE_x1_2 and PCIE_x1_4. If the USB 3.1 front header is connected, PCIE_x1_2 and PCIE_x1_4 will be
disabled.

https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-STRIX-Z270E-GAMING/specifications/

Looks like the switch is automatic.

Yes I know that, you cannot use both! USB front connector or those two pcie x1 slots.
Problem is when I choose in BIOS pcie slots to be used, after restart this option is back to usb so actualy BIOS cannot save my choice.
I dont use pcie card for know neither of course front usb connector so its not problem actually for know.
Maybe the only option is to put pcie card into one of those two slots and see what will happened!

Chino
Level 15
Most likely it will auto-disable depending on the situation. Or perhaps it will save the changes when there is actually something in the PCIe slot. 🙂

I dont know, will see...I will find some pcie card to test....
But if it is something about auto enable/disable....then when I turn off front usb3.1 controller (also available in BIUOS) then this option I was talking about should be automatically on PCI-EX1_2&4!!! But it is not! I cannot believe that others have no this I suppose bug...?!?!?
But I must try now with pcie card, I am curious 🙂

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
And out of pure curiosity, which case/front panel do you own that uses the USB 3.1 header? 🙂

Maybe you didnt read my posts carefully 🙂
I have no usb 3.1 at front of my case so thats the reason why did I turn of front usb3.1 controller in bios.....etc

well, mystery (if any) is solved!
I put pcie x1 card into slot no4 (pci-ex1_4) and pc detected card on that slot and "kindly" asked me to enter to bios and to make settings.
Entered and choose option PCI-EX1_2&4 over front USB3.1 and save.....restart and .... bios saved my settings :). So no bug 🙂