cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270 bios 1203 ready (post comments and issues)

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Version 1203
2018/01/097.9 MBytes
MAXIMUS IX HERO BIOS 1203
Improved DRAM compatibility.
Fixed SAMSUNG M.2 device issue.
Fixed SanDisk M.2 device issue.
Fixed AMD SSD device issue.
Fixed SteelSeries Keyboard issue.
Update CPU MicroCode.
Learn, Play Enjoy!
94 REPLIES 94

daroy wrote:
A few weeks ago I flashed to the 1203 bios and updated my Chipset drivers. Since doing this I have trouble getting my pc stable again. When I enter the same overclocks in my bios I keep getting errors about the display driver and reboots without bluescreens.

I see the following errors in my event viewer before the system resets itself:

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

And

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

In the bios I have loaded the XMP profile and put my cpu multiplier back from 46 to 43, leaving the voltage at 1.3v. The errors stil happen.

The errors show up if I use Realbench for stress testing or Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility memory stress test.

The system ran perfectly stable with the old bios.

Yep.

The problem still there on old bios also. is not the bios is windows bios is ok. In fact I am testing the bios auto configuration. change some parameters like xmp and vvcio and vccia and is super stable. Maybe around.... setp last year checking some stuff, I find out those COM errors. Windows told me that forget about it. Digging more, I found that even I am the adm of the computer, I am not. is Microsoft. 2 weeks ago, MS send a telemetry. That telemetry is to test the system to make changes for the new windows that is coming in 2 weeks. it shout down aura, and some other apps. I did have to remake the os. Also, there is the issue that many use legacy os, and still use normal installation. I am using 100% uefi and all my hard drives including the nmve with new drivers. Even now COM errors are here.

So .... I find out with all my testing. and as far is my computer is, all drivers and updates are from windows 10.

I am testing another windows 10 installation using something new. and is more stable than before. I am using now a UEFI as well as GPT, feals more ..... hand shake since these is more friendly. On bios all the configuration is UEFI ONLY. drivers are more stable. almost no crashes. etc. I did. full instalacion. I wait that windows install all updates. ALL OF THEM!. then install the current asus drivers, IME and CHIPSET. then I start adding the rest, aura GPUtweek, I am using asetek unit and all is control with my UEFI/bios. no corsair apps, no extra lights from anyone. The only app that I am running is logitec since my guar is that brand. (sorry I will get more asus products later) and even with my custom oc, the automatic from the the board (1.45 volts with a + offset), default. and my own is stable on my delid 7700k.

Is a pain since all my hard drive are format with these new installation way.

I will be mad that MS screw these new update on 2 weeks. I know that asus is on top on the drivers. Remember. 2018 is the last year os z170 /z270 since we are moving up. is sad but the true. mos manufactures are going to step up . It happens to all manufactures is not bad. is the same as windows 7 is done. just small updates that security no more dirvers no more anything and flash is done by the end of next year.

But even, COM error are there. is windows simple. I have a friend that is checking the new developer update and still there. even with his board that is not asus and test other machines. laptops and other brand, and the COM error are there.

I skip z370 and 8800k in favor of the upcoming CPU and boards.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

sdmf74
Level 11
Well Asus has the fix in their back pocket, just have to wait until they are ready to let us have it.
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

daroy
Level 7
In fact, I can't get the system to run stable anymore with default bios settings.

I have downloaded the new microcode from Intels website and followed the steps in this guide: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99372-Rampage-V-Extreme-Instructions-for-updating-the-BIOS...

Used the 1203 bios but haven't flashed my newly created bios yet. Bit scared to do so.

no1yak
Level 8
One problem with bios 1203 is that after windows updated the microcode to 84 (KB 490007) I get error 17 in WHEA Log concerning PCi Root Port 5 A294. Going back to 1009 this does not happen.

sdmf74
Level 11
I have been having issues too like BSOD while system is idle doing nothing and multiple stability and stuttering problems while gaming to name a few.

jjxakergm
Level 7

sdmf74
Level 11
IM starting to think that a new bios ME firmware update is not coming. There is no way it takes this long to test and implement the software that Intel sent Asus.
Software that was already tested.

sdmf74 wrote:
IM starting to think that a new bios ME firmware update is not coming. There is no way it takes this long to test and implement the software that Intel sent Asus.
Software that was already tested.

I'm wondering that too and am getting very frustrated with Asus over this whole debacle. This isn't a nice to have, it's an essential security fix and Asus should be treating it as such.

jjxakergm
Level 7
Complete conversion of APEX IX to APEX X without loss of functionality.
Full support for CPU 6, 7, 8 generation.
Download BIOS MOD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HLuvg8QveHTHdDIVomtWstJxPNkGqgDV
For flash BIOS MOD requires a SPI programmer.
PS. All Asus board on the chipset Z370 are clones of the board on Z270.

Anyone experiencing major latency issues with bios 1203 and Windows 10 version 1709? I've been experiencing latency since bios 1009. LatencyMon has been detecting latency on various system files and still experience it with a fresh Windows install. I also ran my system without my GTX 1080 using the 7700k iGPU still and has latency spikes since there has been a lot of complaints with Pascal and latency. Specs below.

Binned 7700k delided
Maximus IX Code
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Seasonic Platinum 660W