cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What analog to digital converter does Maximus IX Hero use?

ryancole
Level 7
Hi folks,

I'm setting up my PC to do some live vocals / audio. I'm trying to make sure I have the best configuration available to me, with the Maximus IX Hero.

I can see what digital-to-analog converter the Hero uses, but am unsure of what analog-to-digital converter it has. Is the built in analog converter as good as something like a dedicated audio interface (Scarlett 2i2)?

I ask, because I'm trying to stream my live audio online using a dual-PC streaming setup. I'm getting my mic audio to both of my PCs by using an analog line splitter (Radial LX-3). I'm plugging each line into the mobo's line-in jack.

Is this going to result in the best available option?
1 REPLY 1

Korth
Level 14
ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO page says:
"ROG's awesome SupremeFX audio technology has levelled up, delivering an exceptional 113dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection — and that means our best-ever recording quality! We've also added a low-dropout regulator for cleaner power delivery to the SupremeFX S1220 codec, an ESS® Sabre Hi-Fi ES9023P digital-to-analog converter for superior front-panel output, and a Texas Instruments® RC4850 op-amp for high gain with low distortion — which all adds up to audio that envelops you as never before."

ES9023P datasheet here. Rated for 24-bit at up to 192KHz (with best performance of 112dB-A DNR at 32KHz~96KHz).
The ES9023P DAC and RC4850 amp are only wired to the front-panel audio output. All other audio ports (on Rear I/O) are wired to the SupremeFX S1220 codec. (This is thought to be a rebranded and ASUS-programmed Realtek ALC1220, but specs and datasheets are unavailable - likely comparable to ALC1150 or ALC892.)

Korth wrote:
Specs for the ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING motherboard: "ROG SupremeFX" with "Crystal Sound 3". 8-channel HD audio built around a Realtek S1220A ("A unique audio codec designed in close collaboration with Realtek ... [it] features an unprecedented 120dB signal-to-noise ratio for the stereo line-out and a 113dB SNR for the line-in, providing pristine audio quality") along with power pre-regulator, audio shielding, separation of L/R PCB layers, audio (headphone) amp, de-pop, and quality capacitors.
https://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2017/01/30/asus-rog-strix-z270g-gaming-review/6
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]