Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Maximus IX Code - Error q code 55, B1, CC

xherics
Level 7
[SOLUTION: in post #3 ]

Hello,

I would like to kindly ask you for a help with my new PC.

Maximus IX Code mainboard (90MB0SE0-M0EAY0)
Core i7 7700K CPU (BX80677I77700K)
Samsung 960EVO 1TB SSD (MZ-V6E1T0BW)
Kingston 32GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 HyperX Predator RAM (HX432C16PB3K4/32) - compatible, listed in QVL list with 1,35V
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100 V2 water cooler (CW-9060025-WW)
CoolerMaster V1000 (RS-A00-AFBA-G1)
Creative ZxR Sound Card with DBPro
Asus nVidia GF 710Ti (I am waiting for 1080Ti 🙂 )

I carefully assembled my PC, which booted without problems and POST was successful. In BIOS I turned on Virtualization and VT-D, then applied it, MB got restarted.

Then I went again into BIOS and wanted to set up the XMP profile for the RAM. The change was not saved yet, I was looking for some more options in BIOS: BOOT order, CSM, enabled UEFI only, etc., and the BIOS got frozen while I was making the setup. So I restarted it and the computer did not want to load anymore, neither POST.

Q code error: B1, 55, CC and these randomly repeated after each restart and BIOS button reset, MB battery reset, MemOK button reset - nothing helped.

B1 means Runtime Set virtual MAP address
55 means Memory not installed
CC is not listed in the manual.

For B1 and 55 the yellow RAM error LED was active, for CC the red CPU error LED was active on the MB.

So, I took out the RAMs and inserted just one. After thins system POST OK. But when I inserted also the second RAM, again the same problems.

When I ise 2 or more pieces of RAM, it does not matter if Dual Channel or just for example in A1 and B2, the MB doest not POST or BOOT, just yellow or red error led with the mentioned codes.

When I use only one piece of RAM, it does not matter which ram slot on the MB (A1 or B1 or A2 or B2), system is OK, post is OK, system can BOOT.

I tried to increase the RAM voltage to 1,35 as it is listed with these V in the QVL, but did not help. I flashed the newest bios 0701, but same result.

I googled a bit, so I checked the CPU socket, seems to be OK. Checked the cooler, seems to be OK assembled - tried to loosen the screws, but did not help.
I took out the MB from the case to try, but same result.

RAMs seems to be Ok, I tested each in the same MB slot, I mean one by one.

Well, this is not my first PC assembling, I am an IT employee for 7 years, I already assembled more hundred PCs... But this is my first time, so I have a problem.

Please, what can cause these problems? The ram controller in the CPU or MB?
23 REPLIES 23

Hello all, today has been 4 days without problems,
Hope that this will setting is good,It is already happening that the problem returns after 1 week

Bios Settings:
Ai Overclock Tuner: Manual
DRAM Frequency: DDR4-3000mhz
DRAM Voltage: 1.37
CPU VCCIO Voltage: 1.15
CPU System Agent Voltage: 1.20

DRAM Timing Control:
Maximus Tweak: 1
DRAM Cas Latency: 15
DRAM RAS # to CAS # Delay: 17
DRAM RAS# ACT Time: 35

Finally figured it out and now I feel dumb. Dumber. My ram is single channel. Plugged both modules into the B1/B2 slots, enabled XMP and voila- both running at 3200/1.35v, stable, CPU temp still cool. Now I can start installing everything and see how it does with a 2GB file in photoshop.
The report below is with 1 module. Ran it with both sticks and got all the right numbers.

Nate152
Hi blimey

Put your ram sticks in slots A2 - B2, it will be running in dual channel then.

max0x7ba
Level 7
xherics wrote:
[SOLUTION: in post #3 ]

Hello,

I would like to kindly ask you for a help with my new PC.

Maximus IX Code mainboard (90MB0SE0-M0EAY0)
Core i7 7700K CPU (BX80677I77700K)
Samsung 960EVO 1TB SSD (MZ-V6E1T0BW)
Kingston 32GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 HyperX Predator RAM (HX432C16PB3K4/32) - compatible, listed in QVL list with 1,35V
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100 V2 water cooler (CW-9060025-WW)
CoolerMaster V1000 (RS-A00-AFBA-G1)
Creative ZxR Sound Card with DBPro
Asus nVidia GF 710Ti (I am waiting for 1080Ti 🙂 )

I carefully assembled my PC, which booted without problems and POST was successful. In BIOS I turned on Virtualization and VT-D, then applied it, MB got restarted.

Then I went again into BIOS and wanted to set up the XMP profile for the RAM. The change was not saved yet, I was looking for some more options in BIOS: BOOT order, CSM, enabled UEFI only, etc., and the BIOS got frozen while I was making the setup. So I restarted it and the computer did not want to load anymore, neither POST.

Q code error: B1, 55, CC and these randomly repeated after each restart and BIOS button reset, MB battery reset, MemOK button reset - nothing helped.

B1 means Runtime Set virtual MAP address
55 means Memory not installed
CC is not listed in the manual.

For B1 and 55 the yellow RAM error LED was active, for CC the red CPU error L

I had the same error on ASUS Maximus IX Hero with i7-7700k: Q-Code 55 with my 4x8GB DIMM of G.Skill Trident Z 4000MHz. I fixed it by following advice given in https://community.hwbot.org/topic/147255-guide-skylake-memory-timings-on-asus-motherboards/

In particular, I switched to XMP profile and set TRDWR_sg, TRDWR_dg, TRDWR_dr and TRDWR_dd to 18 (my memory has 18-19-19-39 timings), and TWRWR_DD to 8. That fixed it.

It seems to be ASUS-specific bug that it does not set TRDWR_sg, TRDWR_dg, TRDWR_dr and TRDWR_dd to CL/CAS-latency value automatically.