cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random shut downs and reboots, no bcod

Datsun240z
Level 7
Hey guys, I have random reboots on my computer. I dont get any blue screens or error messages, ive check temps and basic stuff but im not the most advanced tweaker like some of you. I can be gaming or surfing net or just sitting idling. sometimes it will turn back on immediately and sometimes it has to wait 10 mins or so.

-Maximus XII
-i910900kf AIO cooler with 320mm rad.
Rams (4) sticks of g.Skill f4-4133c19d-16GTZR--- might be the issue, ive tried it on different scenarios with 1, 2, stick and swapped them around and all that and ran mem test its test ok.
-1090ti
-(2) 960 PRO m.2 in raid
-1 970 pro m.2 storage
-corsair 1200gold PSU

I have some basic diag stuff but just tell me what to post.
53 REPLIES 53

she booted up with both kits but failed the stress test, but it looks like cpu temps by what i figure, what do u think?94337

Datsun240z
Level 7
in asus suite 3 i have my cpu temp threshold at 85. so maybe thats why its failing. im water cooled with a 320 radiaor and 3 fans on a AIO. i think this processor runs on the hot side, maybe i need to bump my threshold?

Nate152

Datsun240z
Level 7
i did not im still at 4133. but i was curious about the cpu temps. i will lover the freq and step it up now.

Nate152
CPU Core 1 and 2 look on the warm side.

Let's see how far you get with all four sticks starting with 3600MHz.

3900mzh i ran it another 10 mins afte that and temps are the same just took forever to upload. i bet my threshold is shutting it off and failing the test. i think this thing said 95c is max or something like that. maybe i can tweak my fans?

Nate152
You could try turning up the fans, cores 1 and 2 are running hotter.

Are you overclocking your cpu?

You could try doing a repaste with a quality thermal paste such as thermal grizzly kryonaut.

I can use up to 1.474v on the i7-12700KF and have acceptable gaming temps, this is with a 560mm radiator.

Click the pic to make it bigger

Datsun240z
Level 7
I am using Artic Cooling MX-2 its probably about 5 months old or so. Im gonna download that program your using. its crazy how much differences the software can make in temps. My mobo led says my cpu temps are about 10-15c lower than actual cause it reads off cpu rather than cpu package.

Datsun240z
Level 7
what do u use for stress test? is it this hwinfo64?

Nate152
Yes it's Hwinfo64.

I haven't run a stress test as I know temps will skyrocket over 90c.

AI Suite reads the cpu socket temp which is what your motherboard led's are showing, not the actual core temp.