cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random shut downs and reboots, no bcod

Datsun240z
Level 7
Hey guys, I have random reboots on my computer. I dont get any blue screens or error messages, ive check temps and basic stuff but im not the most advanced tweaker like some of you. I can be gaming or surfing net or just sitting idling. sometimes it will turn back on immediately and sometimes it has to wait 10 mins or so.

-Maximus XII
-i910900kf AIO cooler with 320mm rad.
Rams (4) sticks of g.Skill f4-4133c19d-16GTZR--- might be the issue, ive tried it on different scenarios with 1, 2, stick and swapped them around and all that and ran mem test its test ok.
-1090ti
-(2) 960 PRO m.2 in raid
-1 970 pro m.2 storage
-corsair 1200gold PSU

I have some basic diag stuff but just tell me what to post.
53 REPLIES 53

Datsun240z
Level 7
94342 oh ok, all these temps and prior posts are under Aida64 Memory stress test. idle all temps are well under.

Nate152
That looks a little better with cpu temps.

HWinfo is showing your ram running at 3900MHz, have you tried to go higher with the Dram Frequency?

Nate152 wrote:
That looks a little better with cpu temps.

HWinfo is showing your ram running at 3900MHz, have you tried to go higher with the Dram Frequency?

i did get a hardware failure at 4133 but that was basing off adia64 temps. ill try 4000ish.

Datsun240z
Level 7
aida64 shows hardware failure in about a minute on a few runs. I dont know why i wish it told you what failed. im only doing memory test.

Nate152
It's likely the memory failing.

Your memory has Samsung B-Die modules which can run the Dram voltage at 1.50v - 1.55v.

I've run 1.55v with my previous G.Skill 4133MHz ram kit.

It's up to you if you want to push the Dram voltage higher, 1.50v is the maximum recommended Dram voltage by Intel.

Datsun240z
Level 7
does this mean anything? I suppose 1.85ish i could try that. im stable at 4000mhz.. would it really make that much difference? would rather be on the safe side.

Nate152
It's showing core power limit exceeded because the cpu is drawing over 125 watts, it's nothing to worry about as long as temps are ok.

Both memory kits running at 4000MHz is very good, I'd be happy with that.

What are you wanting to try with 1.85ish volts? I wouldn't set anything near that high.

Datsun240z
Level 7
oops no that was a typo, i mean 1.50v but you know what i think im gonna keep it here at 4000mhz and see what its like to have a cpu that doesnt reboot all the time. i think ill be happy with this. Man what an ordeal crazy. wonder why xmp doesnt work. Nate thank you for your help and your patience, its been all day without a crash so im just gonna do some gaming finally and enjoy it. Thanks again. im sure this willnt be the last time but, until next time.... Cheers.

lol oops i left prime95 on by accident for about 5 hours and no errors so even bettah!

Nate152

Datsun240z
Level 7
ehhh, went to boot up today and nope. *facepalm* memtest86 is the best for memory?