cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random shut downs and reboots, no bcod

Datsun240z
Level 7
Hey guys, I have random reboots on my computer. I dont get any blue screens or error messages, ive check temps and basic stuff but im not the most advanced tweaker like some of you. I can be gaming or surfing net or just sitting idling. sometimes it will turn back on immediately and sometimes it has to wait 10 mins or so.

-Maximus XII
-i910900kf AIO cooler with 320mm rad.
Rams (4) sticks of g.Skill f4-4133c19d-16GTZR--- might be the issue, ive tried it on different scenarios with 1, 2, stick and swapped them around and all that and ran mem test its test ok.
-1090ti
-(2) 960 PRO m.2 in raid
-1 970 pro m.2 storage
-corsair 1200gold PSU

I have some basic diag stuff but just tell me what to post.
53 REPLIES 53

ahfoo
Level 13
Bro, what I am saying before you add any purchase, try to isolate the issue. Run with two stick of ram at @4000 MHz and we start from there. Running two pair of mixed ram even same modal, same timing but different batch will always cause issue.

Datsun240z
Level 7
I looked at the ram and all 4 are from lot 2496 on march of 2017 and the serial numbers are consecutive. i tried to get it running on 2 sticks A1.B1, both on xmp and xmp 2 with all kinds of different voltages and never found anything that would boot it on 4000mhz. im back to 2 sticks and auto.

Datsun240z
Level 7
ehhh still rebooting all the time. haha could it be this motherboard with this processor? like in amorty crate it has the frequency in the redline but 4900 is normal for this thing. i dont know but i cant play games or anythign cuase it just crashes in the middle of it. anything yall reccomend i post as far as logs or something just tell me what to use to log it and ill post it.

Nate152
I think I 'd try setting it manually and see how far you can get.

Reset to defaults (F5) and set the AI Overclock Tuner to Manual:

Dram Frequency - 3600MHz
Dram voltage - 1.45v
CPU System Agent voltage - 1.30v
CPU VCCIO voltage - 1.30v

DRAM Timing Control - Enter the primary timings, it may only show three timings as the middle two are tied together.

Command Rate 2N

F10 and Enter to save and Exit.

If stable, raise the Dram Frequency to the next highest step and test again.

Datsun240z
Level 7
I will try that later tonight or tomorrow. Thank you.

Datsun240z
Level 7
is the timing inside the Extreme Tweaker > DRAM timing settings.... then is that Ram Cas# Latency (auto), dram RAS# to CAS Delay and DRAM RAS# ACT Time
followed by Command rate? is that the correct ones to change.

Datsun240z
Level 7
Well hot damn, that booted right up.
10mins into a AIDA64 mem stress and its ok, about 9 mins longer than last time. so thats a plus. now what. lol

Nate152

Datsun240z
Level 7
ok. question. when your choosing ram, do you choose it for your processor or for the mobo or are they independant.

Stable @4133mhz (figured i stop there right). should i throw in the other kit?

Nate152
Well, when choosing ram, the main thing is to choose a single kit of the capacity and speed you want. When you go mixing ram kits of the same specs, you're just asking for complications.

Ok, so you were able to get 4133MHz stable with 1 kit?

You can try the other kit, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't want to run at 4133MHz, you may have to settle for a lower frequency with all four sticks.

Shut down your pc, kill the power and add the other two sticks, keep the same settings and start with Dram Frequency 3600MHz.