cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random shut downs and reboots, no bcod

Datsun240z
Level 7
Hey guys, I have random reboots on my computer. I dont get any blue screens or error messages, ive check temps and basic stuff but im not the most advanced tweaker like some of you. I can be gaming or surfing net or just sitting idling. sometimes it will turn back on immediately and sometimes it has to wait 10 mins or so.

-Maximus XII
-i910900kf AIO cooler with 320mm rad.
Rams (4) sticks of g.Skill f4-4133c19d-16GTZR--- might be the issue, ive tried it on different scenarios with 1, 2, stick and swapped them around and all that and ran mem test its test ok.
-1090ti
-(2) 960 PRO m.2 in raid
-1 970 pro m.2 storage
-corsair 1200gold PSU

I have some basic diag stuff but just tell me what to post.
53 REPLIES 53

Datsun240z wrote:
ehhh another crash as usual. damn

I had this problem in the past and it turned out my power supply wasn't powerful enough for the job. Might be worth checking.

Steve UK

Datsun240z
Level 7
memory test results... The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected no errors

I have a hx1200i corsair... i cant imagine needing more power than that. am i wrong?

Datsun240z wrote:
memory test results... The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected no errors

I have a hx1200i corsair... i cant imagine needing more power than that. am i wrong?

No that should be more than enough.

Datsun240z
Level 7
whats a good program to control fans and all that if i wipe my drives again i dont think im gonna install ai suite 3. its been problematic to say the least.
There was an update today for the HAL 20220712 and html 3.02.06. maybe that will help?

ahfoo
Level 13
Choose XMP 2, and down frequency with 4000MHz @1.35V. Just two ram only.

Datsun240z
Level 7
ok i will try that. So i just found it did have a bios update that the suite wasnt catching so i flashed that and tried all the xmp settings again but it still was just like before. i will go down to 2 sticks. one thing i did notice in bios...My ram is acutally f4-4133c19d-16gtzr not the 8 94291

ahfoo
Level 13
Let try the two stick ram @ 4000 with XMP 2 and see the end result.

Datsun240z
Level 7
it willnt boot with those settings. i left the settngs as they where and removed 2 sticks (ram is currenty in a1, b1) and it wouldnt boot with those settings that where working on all 4 sticks. what do i need to put those other 2 voltages at leave those pumped up?

I tried xmp 1 and 2 on defaults and then tried the lower freq and volts.

ahfoo
Level 13
Sometime it very difficult to run 4 stick non quad pair memory module in the system with XMP. I did before it before with corsair. But I still order the quad pair of ram from corsair for consistency. Having said that I always try in pair before I test 4 stick. That make PC enthusiastic having fun.

Datsun240z
Level 7
oh ok, i just thought dual channel. should i just buy a different memory kit and save myself the headache?
i went back and put everythign in Auto and it did find on the stress test for 4 mins, just probably alot slower.