cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optane VS 960 evo

Sina1987
Level 7
I have a SATA SSd on my Computer. It is fast and working Great, but I decided to upgrade to nvme. Since I went high end With Everything and I really think better speed in my Storage random IOPs will Improve my Finite Element analysis software that constantly pulls data out of storage. But suddenly optane Came out. The technology is potentially more durable and is practically faster than nand base memories in all aspects, specially in random IOPs. not to mention the Avrage consumer product is much cheaper than nvmes. But looks like it was optimized to be used along with a HDD of all things. and it seems that this is just a cash memory so for every analysis that i start first time Data has to be red from HDD. The single threaded performance of 960 evo is 50k max but optane is 100k max. but dont really know if i can take advantage of that other than in booting windows. which some bench marks show faster performance by optane. what do you guys think i should buy? downgrade to Optane +HDD or upgrade to nvme?:confused::confused::confused::confused:
4 REPLIES 4

FuryA
Level 8
hi Sina
Optane is for making hard drives faster than SSDs
but NVme is more faster , advice is up to you budget

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
hi Sina
Optane is for making hard drives faster than SSDs
but NVme is more faster , advice is up to you budget

thanks, budget is no problem. but they say nvme isn't faster in real applications. you can never use 32 thread in real app. by they i mean intel

Sina1987 wrote:
thanks, budget is no problem. but they say nvme isn't faster in real applications. you can never use 32 thread in real app. by they i mean intel

There, suggest to get higher and faster experience can upgrade to NVMe storages

Chino
Level 15