cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notice: RST Beta (Intel Optane)

fluxjedi
Level 9
Hello ROGer,

I would like to share my personal finding about the RST Beta (Intel RST driver 15.5.0.1047).

If you happened to updated this version and experienced shutdown / sleep / hibernate problems, please revert back to RST stable version.

Experienced I got was system unable to do proper shutdown. (System still stay awake)
Putting sleep mode will instantly wake system up.
Hibernate won't enter. Will wake up instantly.

Trails to find..

Event Viewer -- > Windows Log -- > Application.

Putting sleep mode will trigger logs with an error or 2

First will be iastor.sys error follow by dump device error.

Your experience may varies.

For those who have Intel Optane SSD or want to use the beta version, I believe the workaround is to turn off "Turn on Fast start-up" at power settings. This will help your system to do proper shutdown but with no fast start-up benefit.
No workaround so far for Sleep mode or hibernate.

Or else, wait for stable version to be release.

Hope this can help you guys. :cool:
3 REPLIES 3

qUAanA
Level 10
Hello
Could be a little specific as to where I can find this?
RST beta? Does this come auto installed through windows update?
Because I do have wake issues. It was fine 2 weeks ago but now its will not wake properly at all, system turns ON from wake but stalls.
And I ah e to power down and power up.

fluxjedi
Level 9
No, RST Beta don't come from Windows update. You have to manually install. This is for those who want to try beta version or own an Intel Optane SSD.

You can check on your event viewer log to check the trails and determine what causing problem.

qUAanA
Level 10
Thank you Sir,

Don't plan on getting optane, but a good observation for people who plan to purchase once it releases.*