MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Version 1301 2018/04/207.96 MBytes
MAXIMUS IX HERO BIOS 1301
Improved system stability.
Improve system performance.
Updated Intel CPU microcode.
Improved DRAM compatibility

Let me manually backup my bios since i have full stability and i want to have my record save, even that i need to add my numbers manually

Let see how that workds
Learn, Play Enjoy!
31 REPLIES 31

danbottomburp
Level 7
is there a more detailed changelog for the latest BIOS or is that it ?

Thanks

Dan

danbottomburp wrote:
is there a more detailed changelog for the latest BIOS or is that it ?

Thanks

Dan

No Dan. Aside of some stuff that is related to the intel mess up that is about it. i did find, in my case more stable. I am not a overclocked. most of my notes are from help fro others and works as before. I wish someday, also, more description on what change on each bios. Did add some cod for better ram issues. But mine is as solid as the day 1. I did find. nvme on m1 (below the cpu) runs hotter like 3 or 2 than before. but aside that..... No idea.

Carlos:cool:
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrEWhite
Level 7
For some reason, this messes with wi-fi in Windows on my Maximus IX Code. Whenever I start a download from Steam or something similar, the internet in general is unusable. I tried with the built-in wi-fi and a Asus PCE-AC88 and the issue still occurs with both. Downgrading the BIOS a version fixes this issue completely, and works completely fine.

kvizerad
Level 7
Currently using 1009 ver. BIOS on my Formula IX. Does it worth updating to 1301? I don't have any major problems so far, just wondering.

kvizerad wrote:
currently using 1009 ver. Bios on my formula ix. Does it worth updating to 1301? I don't have any major problems so far, just wondering.

absolutely!
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

wolfy
Level 8
i have the 1301 on my Formula IX had it since it was released no issues here
ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
CPU: Intel 9900K @4.7 ghz
2 x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-3200
C16 BK DC - 16GB
1 x Aurous 2080Super 8GB
1x 500GB Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe
1x 500GB AData 8200pro M.2NVMe
2 X 500 GB SSD
1000w PSU from corsair
Tower Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic
1 x dell 34" curved + 1 x 24"
CPU and Motherboard.
NZXT Kraken X73 RG

wolfy wrote:
i have the 1301 on my Formula IX had it since it was released no issues here

good. i will get soon, maybe in 2 weeek one of those for tuning let see
Learn, Play Enjoy!

harnek82
Level 7
Hi, I updated to this 1301 latest bios about a week ago and my changes aren't being saved. All I change is running ram at 3600 MHz but I have to keep doing it. Also, bios clock keeps defaulting to the same wrong time and date. I also get the error 'after setting up Intel optane memory or the raid configuration was built, data mode selection must be changed to raid Mode to avoid unknown issues. Press F1 to run setup ' Could anyone please help?

harnek82 wrote:
Hi, I updated to this 1301 latest bios about a week ago and my changes aren't being saved. All I change is running ram at 3600 MHz but I have to keep doing it. Also, bios clock keeps defaulting to the same wrong time and date. I also get the error 'after setting up Intel optane memory or the raid configuration was built, data mode selection must be changed to raid Mode to avoid unknown issues. Press F1 to run setup ' Could anyone please help?

And all are symptoms of a flat CMOS battery, get a new CR2032.
A Mind Forever Voyaging... Across The Universe

harnek82
Level 7
I also suspected this. So, I have a new CMOS battery at the ready. My next question for people that are familiar with this mobo, you'll know that it has a shroud. I think I've located where the battery is housed. How do I remove the shroud please to access the old battery?