cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help asap! Formula IX board died?

KillaBandit
Level 7
So, my PC was running great for two days, then it died today. All the board LEDs are on, but I have no video. It goes up to 60 on teh LCD on the board itself, then stops. Tried swapping memory around, nothing. No cards added and used onboard video, nothing. Reset CMOS nothing.

Is it my board or CPU that died? Something died and I have no idea what. I tried ASUS support and they really were useless on this.

Everything is new from Amazon, so I can return it. Thinking of returning the cpu and board and getting new ones as I don't know which is bad.
12 REPLIES 12

KillaBandit
Level 7
Oh well, no help here, I sent it back. No idea what happened. They didn't have stock of the same board, so I had to order a CODE instead.

KillaBandit wrote:
Oh well, no help here, I sent it back.

You need to give some time for the people to see your post... maybe next time...
Hope that you will get a replacement which will work!

Nate152
Hi KillaBandit

Sorry to hear you're having issues, give us an update when you get your replacement board.

qUAanA
Level 10
Sorry to hear about what happened.
Seems like a boot problem, it's definitely the board.
You will love the Maximus Code.
I have one too.
If you ever need help on setting up led strips by taking advantage of the rgb headers on the board,
Give me a pm.
Have fun*

I am shipping it back today. Amazon is already shipped me the replacements so I should have them on Tuesday. It worked for two days and died. That sucked. I actually had the RGB lighting on the case hooked up to the RGB headers working great. The only thing I saw an issue was my g.skill memory not syncing with it sometimes.

KillaBandit wrote:
I am shipping it back today. Amazon is already shipped me the replacements so I should have them on Tuesday. It worked for two days and died. That sucked. I actually had the RGB lighting on the case hooked up to the RGB headers working great. The only thing I saw an issue was my g.skill memory not syncing with it sometimes.

Update us with the new code installed.
Make sure bios is up to date.
And download the latest aura software too. Not gskill.
My board and gskill look beautiful in my case and function as needed.*

qUAanA wrote:
Update us with the new code installed.
Make sure bios is up to date.
And download the latest aura software too. Not gskill.
My board and gskill look beautiful in my case and function as needed.*

Yeah, that's what I did on the formula when I got it. Upgrade to newest bios, made sure I had all new software. Aura worked, but after a reboot the memory got out of sync again. I would have to go into the app and click on this one button (forget the name) and it would sync it all up.

Yeah, I have a Phantek Evolv Tempered Glass case. 🙂

JustinThyme
Level 13
Every time Ive gotten code 60 the bios was corrupted. Are you using AI suite? if so uninstall it.
This is an easy fix 99% of the time. Simply download the proper bios and use the flashback feature.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Every time Ive gotten code 60 the bios was corrupted. Are you using AI suite? if so uninstall it.
This is an easy fix 99% of the time. Simply download the proper bios and use the flashback feature.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I did a flashback with the older bios that it backed up before it upgraded to the new version. It still didn't fix it. 😞