cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Hero VS Maximus IX Hero

Zion_One-Eyed
Level 8
hi all, i have one maximus viii hero but i want to change..
so, maximus ix hero worth it?
becouse..
i need ROG aura to tuning mb with the new rog 1080ti
then..
ROG stickers inside maximus ix are beautiful ;);)
i like the new matt black q shield
14 REPLIES 14

Noirgheos
Level 7
I do currently have a VIII Hero and a 6700K, and I've been getting rather high offers for the board. Would be willing to get an IX Hero as I'd only lose $10. I haven't seen many reviews, although one from reviewstudio has me worried, showing the IX performing worse than the VIII. Also planning a custom loop, and the better support on the IX would be nice. Should I?

Noirgheos wrote:
I do currently have a VIII Hero and a 6700K, and I've been getting rather high offers for the board. Would be willing to get an IX Hero as I'd only lose $10. I haven't seen many reviews, although one from reviewstudio has me worried, showing the IX performing worse than the VIII. Also planning a custom loop, and the better support on the IX would be nice. Should I?

Pardon my ignorance, but why would someone be offering high values for the Maximus VIII Hero when the M9H is now out?

Kaelon wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but why would someone be offering high values for the Maximus VIII Hero when the M9H is now out?

Well, high, as in higher than I would expect for the board. They don't seem to be any the wiser... I did also get the board on sale.

Got it. 🙂

But, again, seriously - if the only difference (as seemingly confirmed) between the Maximus VIII Hero and the Maximus IX Hero is an extra built-in M.2 slot, and support for Intel Octane memory devices (which remain fairly dubious so far) -- is it safe to really say there's no compelling upgrade to go from the Z170 to the X270 chipset? Especially considering that BIOS updates will unlock all of the Kaby Lake functionality of the 7700K on the Maximus VIII Hero?

If so, it seems like the ~$50-100 savings in board and peripherals (not to mention sparing oneself some of the early adopter woes that we're reading about elsewhere in this forum) seem well worth it in this instance. Otherwise, I'm really wondering if there are any other compelling reasons, aside from the bragging rights. 😉

Thanks!

yondaime01
Level 7
I want to ask my question from this 5 months old topic, there is a cashback campaign at Asus here, got my 7700k but I was stuck between some options like m8h, m9h, tuf mark 1 and rog strix f. I am building a desktop nearly first time. A friend of me advised me to buy m8h instead of m9h and have full support with bios update. Is this true?

Does m8h work %100 with kaby lake? There will be 150 dollars total price difference between heros. Is it sensible to buy older one? Thanks.

D6503 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi