16(2x8) GB DDR4 3200 Mhz gkisllz trident z slot a2 b2
Maximus IX HERO
WD 2TB BLACK SATA III
EVGA HYBRID GTX 1080
CORSAIR 110I WATER COOLER
WIN 10 PRO 64 BIT

PROBLEM:
When i restart pc form start menu its good everything is fine after restart
but when i install any software or driver which need a system to be restarted then after restart my mother board do no detect my hdd it only detects my usb dvd roms or pendrive. i have to completely unplug the psu & Re plug it to make everything fine .

Things done
remove all usb & tried - not sloved
tried differ sata ports - not solved
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hi mann004

Try removing the usb pendrive and usb optical drives, then in the bios, boot tab, make sure your HDD is set as Boot Option 1.

F10 and Enter.

remove all usb & tried - not sloved
tried differ sata ports - not solved

Nate152
All right,

Reset the bios to defaults (F5),

If you did a UEFI install make sure "Windows Boot Manager" is set as Boot Option 1, F10 and Enter.

Let all usb devices disconnected for now.

Does this help ?

no it does not .
i googled about it found something called cold boot issue with wd drives do you know what it is ?

Nate152
It should boot to windows from a cold boot.

Try reinstalling windows in UEFI mode. Let your usb optical drives disconnected for now.

On the boot tab disable CSM and set secure boot to "Other OS" then select your usb flashdrive with UEFI in front of it as Boot Option 1.

F10 and enter

Once windows installs remove the usb flash drive and make sure windows boot manager is set as boot option 1.

How does it go now ?

Nate152 wrote:
It should boot to windows from a cold boot.

Try reinstalling windows in UEFI mode. Let your usb optical drives disconnected for now.

On the boot tab disable CSM and set secure boot to "Other OS" then select your usb flashdrive with UEFI in front of it as Boot Option 1.

F10 and enter

Once windows installs remove the usb flash drive and make sure windows boot manager is set as boot option 1.

How does it go now ?

hi bro thanks for all you suggestions but its was not the board or installation issue its was hard drive issue they sent me a defective one i got it replaced soon since i tried with my old hard drive & it worked like charm .

Nate152