cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Formula Wifi Problems

pilojo
Level 7
I have been having endless problems with the wifi component of this motherboard. It will keep a steady connection for any random amount of time. Anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 hours and then for no reason at all, the driver will disconnect from the network(from "netsh wlan show wlanreport"). It does not matter if I install the drivers from the website, let windows take care of the drivers, or install other versions of the driver I find elsewhere. They all have the same result. The windows drivers have the best track record so far of lasting the longest before disconnecting. Windows will report that it is still connected to the network(No internet, secured) but a ping to my gateway will not even get a reply.

I have tried everything from fresh install of windows with default bios settings to installing every version of the qualcomm drivers I could possibly find that match the card I have. No versions have resolved the issue.

I would appreciate any help that I could get. I am out of options here.
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15

ephur
Level 7
pilojo wrote:
I have been having endless problems with the wifi component of this motherboard. It will keep a steady connection for any random amount of time. Anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 hours and then for no reason at all, the driver will disconnect from the network(from "netsh wlan show wlanreport"). It does not matter if I install the drivers from the website, let windows take care of the drivers, or install other versions of the driver I find elsewhere. They all have the same result. The windows drivers have the best track record so far of lasting the longest before disconnecting. Windows will report that it is still connected to the network(No internet, secured) but a ping to my gateway will not even get a reply.

I have tried everything from fresh install of windows with default bios settings to installing every version of the qualcomm drivers I could possibly find that match the card I have. No versions have resolved the issue.

I would appreciate any help that I could get. I am out of options here.

I am having the exact same issue on an IX code.

I can force it to happen with *by sending data at 150Mbps or greater for a couple minutes. I can 100% reproduce for example when downloading a game from steam (one of few places that sends data fast enough for a sustained period).*

Just like you, it says connected but it just stops passing traffic. I thought maybe it was the ATT router so I went out and bought an ASUS RT-AC5300, *no change. I have checked all the power settings, network/adapter settings, same exact issue. Finally I gave ASUS even more money and went and purchased a pce-ac88. It works great. It’s really disappointing having spent so much money trying to troubleshoot a problem just to eliminate other variables that it could have been related too.*

I have a code and rt5300 as well. For some reason, I can't seem to connect on the 802.11ac band at all about 3 weeks ago. I have no idea why.