cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus ix formula usb header wrong!

ironman72
Level 8
My maxiums formula ix z270 have usb header 1314 wrong.. pins are in wrong way!!! nobody have same issue?

instead of

34 REPLIES 34

sdmf74 wrote:
Oh man I'm so sorry to hear that, I used to have a spare longer one (Asus sent me 2) but I think I sold it on ebay. I will check later this evening in my tub of pc parts and if by chance I didn't sell it I will pm you.

That would be awesome man, I'll pay whatever you need for it. If not no worries, it would just be nice to fully utilize the ROG FB... Not many people out there with this accessory, so it's cool to have 'support' here with the forum members. Doesn't seem like ASUS does much support of it either. New new BIOS for it yet?

chamberlin wrote:
That would be awesome man, I'll pay whatever you need for it. If not no worries, it would just be nice to fully utilize the ROG FB... Not many people out there with this accessory, so it's cool to have 'support' here with the forum members. Doesn't seem like ASUS does much support of it either. New new BIOS for it yet?

OK so I went through my tub and didnt find it but that reminded me of where it is "I think" if you can be patient I have got to go pick up some more of my pc parts when I upgrade my z97 system to z270 and according to amazon they are getting more Asus MIXF motherboards in stock on 420. Im gonna order a new motherboard and cpu and build it as soon as the parts arrive, at that time I will get the rest of my parts and know for sure if I have the rog audio extension cable and will let you know 🙂

(Justin) did you not read the warning from Praz? Yet you continue to run your mouth, for someone with over 2000 posts one would think you would know better. Maybe you are buddies with the moderators and the rules dont apply to you but again you feel safe hiding behind your computer talking trash & we both know you wouldnt be doing that face to face. You know its funny you keep saying that it is an easy mod & things like I am dummer than a front panel connector but not once have you described how it could be done (and no I dont want you to try and explain it cause I doubt you could). You might have a computer full of jerry rigged devices but I prefer to keep mine as clean looking as possible, not cause I dont know how to mod but because I prefer aesthetics. Its not that crucial, if I have to sacrifice 2 or 4 usb 2.0/3.0 ports on my front panel temporarily big deal. Eventually silverstone/caselabs,asus & other companies will release a usb 3.1 retrofit kit and it will be a non issue so if you dont have anything productive or positive to add to the thread go mod an amd rig with your son or something.
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

Praz
Level 13
Thread cleaned. Keep it civil everyone.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Must be something in the water in Iowa?

If anyone else has an issue figuring out how to do a simple mod that the solution has already been posted by another member feel free to hit me up and Ill help you out.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Praz
Level 13
Thread closed. Any needed additional action going forward will result in more than a thread being closed.