cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS IX FORMULA leds wont turn off

Teletha
Level 10
so i have a problem that the leds on the board doesn't turn off when i place computer in sleep or hibernate. I have changed the setting in bios which says that when the computer is in hibernate or sleep the leds will be OFF or on depending on what you chose. but even when i changed that setting the board still does the rainbow when its off its not even doing my set color but most importantly it doesn't turn off... Fyi i want the leds on when the computer is on and that is working just fine.
i have the corsair rm1000x the asus support says that it must be the psu but is the corsair supply really the problem doesn't it support sleep states?
AMD Ryzen 7950X3D [x2 360 Rad EKWB] | Asus Extreme x670E | RTX TUF 4090 OC@3GHz [EKWB Block] | Corsair HX1500i | G.Skill Neo CL30 6000MHz (2x32GB) | 980+950 Pro 1TB M.2 | x6 850 PRO 512GB | NAS 4x 18TB Seagate Exo Raid 10+Backblaze | Lian-Li o11D XL | Main Screen: Samsung NEO G9 | AUX: LG IPS7 27" (x2) LG CX 55" G-Sync | Copyright©1996-2023 Teletha™ All rights reserved. ® -"Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys."
455 Views
25 REPLIES 25

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Odd that it works fine for me. I didnt change anything in UEFI. Just set the correct options in Aura, and it's fine.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are no options in Aura specific to when the machine is shutdown -- only when powered on. In my case, those settings are working correctly. I have "All Devices" set to a static color (red) -- this correctly sets my onboard LEDs and both RGB Headers. As long as the system is powered on, this works fine for me. But, as soon as the system shutsdown -- the RGB headers turn off, but the onboard LEDs immediately begin rainbow cycling/pulsing.

Edit: I found someone else with the same issue here. According to him:
the RGB thing is solved. i contacted ASUS Support and they told me to enable a setting "ErP ready" under Advanced and then APM .... now the RGB settings work properly.
I find this odd, since the BIOS clearly states:
When "ERP Ready" is enabled, LEDs and RGB header(s) will not light up in any state.
For the heck of it, I tried enabling ErP Ready and, as expected, it forcefully togged my RGB LED lighting option to OFF.*

magn2o wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are no options in Aura specific to when the machine is shutdown -- only when powered on.



Works for me.

62457

Those are all standby options. I select what I want, then click apply, and thats what gets used for standby state. This is why I suggested people use Aura to set standby LED state. It works fine here. If it didn't, I wouldn't have suggested it.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Works for me.

62457

Those are all standby options. I select what I want, then click apply, and thats what gets used for standby state. This is why I suggested people use Aura to set standby LED state. It works fine here. If it didn't, I wouldn't have suggested it.


Ah-hah, this did the trick. I initially didn't see the relationship between the "Independent" tab and the power state, but regardless, that was the issue. Thank you.

*

The UI is could do with some rework. ROG theme is kinda cool. but just make it simple so anyone could understand it without having to google.

Just wanna say thanks to those who helped in this thread. I would never had guessed it was the Aura software causing this.

I also want to update the pic posted by Raja@ASUS with a newer one for the latest version of the software.

66634

Thanks again

RickieAbbott
Level 7
Teletha wrote:
so i have a problem that the leds on the board doesn't turn off when i place computer in sleep or hibernate. I have changed the setting in bios which says that when the computer is in hibernate or sleep the leds will be OFF or on depending on what you chose. but even when i changed that setting the board still does the rainbow when its off its not even doing my set color but most importantly it doesn't turn off... Fyi i want the leds on when the computer is on and that is working just fine.
i have the corsair rm1000x the asus support says that it must be the psu but is the corsair supply really the problem doesn't it support sleep states?


I Use the Aura Software, and set the Synchronize to Tempreture , and Power-Off to OFF. Then Apply.

On my Strix Z270E I had to enable S4+S5 in the ErP options for the led controls to do anything in the bios. Might work the same on the Formula.

I have the opposite. I was playing with settings in the bios and now they won't turn on anymore. 😞

I already cleared cmos. Any idea? My board is a IX code.
DESKTOP: Maximus V GENE ~ i5 2500K 1.42v @ 4.8Ghz ~ NH-D14 ~ 8GB vengeance 2133 mhz ~ Sapphire 7970 ~ intel 330 ssd 180GB ~ NAS 6TB
NOTEBOOK: Asus N53SV ~ i5 2430m ~ gt540m ~ 8GB RAM ~ corsair force 3 ssd 90GB ~ intel wifi module 6300
TAB: Asus Transformer Pad TF300T JELLY BEAN 4.1.1 HYDRO 3.4 MOBILE: Acer liquid A1 white CM7.2

Chino wrote:
Have you tried turning them on with the AURA software?


I tried some things in the software, didnt help. So I decided to deinstall. Rebooted a couple of times, no change. I was like wtf is going on.. I suppose they should work without software and it's impossible these LEDs are broken already. So I installed the software again. And boom, the LED's turn on lol. 🙂

Software seems a bit buggy, but it's all right. Thx!
DESKTOP: Maximus V GENE ~ i5 2500K 1.42v @ 4.8Ghz ~ NH-D14 ~ 8GB vengeance 2133 mhz ~ Sapphire 7970 ~ intel 330 ssd 180GB ~ NAS 6TB
NOTEBOOK: Asus N53SV ~ i5 2430m ~ gt540m ~ 8GB RAM ~ corsair force 3 ssd 90GB ~ intel wifi module 6300
TAB: Asus Transformer Pad TF300T JELLY BEAN 4.1.1 HYDRO 3.4 MOBILE: Acer liquid A1 white CM7.2