cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Formula 16s boot with M.2 PCIe SSD

theFraggedNoobi
Level 7
Hello everyone.This is my first post here and I am a huge Asus fan as you can see from the specs on my profile.I was a bit worried about my 16 second boot time(press power on button to desktop).I did a fresh install in UEFI mode when I got my 960 Evo and I also have a WD RED 2TB hooked up to my PC.My motherboard is the Maximus IX Formula with a 6700K.Boot time is identical to that when I had a Maximus VIII Hero.Any opinions on whether my boot time is normal or not are appreciated.Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Chino
Level 15
You can try disabling some of the motherboard features if you don't plan to use them. Some users disable memory training which helps reduce boot times. But personally, I wouldn't go with that route.

JustinThyme
Level 13
16 seconds is nothing for a desktop. There is a lot going on there. 6 seconds are delays that are intentioanal to give you time to recover from a bad OC.
Disable CSM will help some if you have it enabled as some of that time is spent looking for a boot sector on your spinner HDD.
Personally, I dont sweat boot times so long as its reasonable. 16 secs is VERY reasonable, especially for a desktop!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein