cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Apex XMP 4266MHz Issue.

Vangry
Level 7
Hello there.

Just built a new system with the Z270 Apex motherboard paired with a 7700K and I'm trying to make my G.Skill TridentZ 4266MHz ram to work but the system just won't boot at that frequency. What I did was enabled the XMP profile and dialed the bclk back to 100 which Is weird to be raised when applying the profile since I chose to not apply any core enhancements In the first place. The good thing Is that I can still run the ram at 4133MHz but not the Rams advertised speed. Is there any specific settings or voltages that I need to Input on top of the XMP*
Profile for the rated speed to work or Is It just my CPUs memory controller not able to handle 4266MHZ?
33 REPLIES 33

Praz
Level 13
Hello

There is no native memory divider that will allow for 4266MHz memory speed which is why BCLK was increased when XMP was enabled. With such a a high memory overclock manual tuning should be expected instead of plug n' play.

Praz wrote:
Hello

There is no native memory divider that will allow for 4266MHz memory speed which is why BCLK was increased when XMP was enabled. With such a a high memory overclock manual tuning should be expected instead of plug n' play.

Well that explains alot Thanks.*

P.S After enabling XMP and allowing It to Increase the bclk to 103 the system booted but there Is still an Issue with the motherboard posting at that frequency,sometimes It would post and sometimes It wont and would require clearing cmos.Tbh I lack the knowledge to manually tune It In. Any specific place I should start with?

Raja
Level 13
Try Maximus Tweak mode 2, SA/IO voltage tuning, and/or the single sided 2x8GB Samsung profile for 4133 (which is tuned for performance). 4266 is actually slower than the tuned 4133 profile and should be easier to achieve for most CPUs.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Try Maximus Tweak mode 2, SA/IO voltage tuning, and/or the single sided 2x8GB Samsung profile for 4133 (which is tuned for performance). 4266 is actually slower than the tuned 4133 profile and should be easier to achieve for most CPUs.

Just tried 4266 tweak mode 2 and SA/IO on auto which shoots their voltage to over 1.3v and the system booted fine but crashed In the first minutes when running
Real Bench with DPC-Watchdog bsod 0x133. I guess It requires a vcore over 1.4v which I don't feel comfortable enough to use for a 24/7 build. However when I set the memory at 4133 CL19 @ 5.1GHz adaptive 1.380v bios/1.392v cpuz my system passed an hour long test of Real Bench and Prime95 with SA/IO 1.225v/1.2v. Unfortunately the single sided 2x8GB Samsung profile for 4133 didn't boot for me at 5.1GHz the timings are pretty Impressive though. Those were my findings I hope you could share some Insight on what's better to push for.

Thanks.

Vangry wrote:
Just tried 4266 tweak mode 2 and SA/IO on auto which shoots their voltage to over 1.3v and the system booted fine but crashed In the first minutes when running
Real Bench with DPC-Watchdog bsod 0x133. I guess It requires a vcore over 1.4v which I don't feel comfortable enough to use for a 24/7 build. However when I set the memory at 4133 CL19 @ 5.1GHz adaptive 1.380v bios/1.392v cpuz my system passed an hour long test of Real Bench and Prime95 with SA/IO 1.225v/1.2v. Unfortunately the single sided 2x8GB Samsung profile for 4133 didn't boot for me at 5.1GHz the timings are pretty Impressive though. Those were my findings I hope you could share some Insight on what's better to push for.

Thanks.

At 5.1Ghz you are likely going to deal with trade offs. You can try the 24/7 Samsung profile again, but with a command rate of 2 to start with. If that doesnt work, increase CAS and tRCD by +1 and see if that helps. After that, you can focus on getting CR1.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
At 5.1Ghz you are likely going to deal with trade offs. You can try the 24/7 Samsung profile again, but with a command rate of 2 to start with. If that doesnt work, increase CAS and tRCD by +1 and see if that helps. After that, you can focus on getting CR1.

Command rate 2 did the trick for me the profile worked thanks. Is CR1 much faster than CR2?

Vangry wrote:
Command rate 2 did the trick for me the profile worked thanks. Is CR1 much faster than CR2?

Did you get your stable OC by using your memory @ 4,133 CL19 adaptive bios voltage settings or did you get it to work by using the Samsung Profile as instead? (+CR2)
Also trying to tune mine at 4,133mhz with same memory kit and cpu.

Raja@ASUS wrote:

Been running your 4133 MHz profile for a while now, bumped the voltage to 1.4650v and set the frequency to 4300 MHz, awesome stuff really. Paired with my i7-7700K @ 5.1 GHz it's performing way better than when it was running at 5.2 GHz w/ the 3100 MHz CL12 setup I had before.

meankeys
Level 13
When E F HUTTON speaks everybody listens. 🙂 thanks for the tip Raja