cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Apex - [DIY] How to personalize your name plate.

AkaNe0
Level 10
The Maximus IX Apex has two plates where you can add your own custom name plate. First you have the "Republic of Gamers" name plate that can be changed and an additional one provided in the retail box that can be placed between the two PCI-E slots.

Made of transparent acrylic, the additional one is provided with 3 black stickers. Here is a simple How to guide to create your own!

What do you need?

• 1 x Papercutting knife
  • 1 x blank paper 6.6cm x 2cm
  • Blank acrylic name plate (provided with the motherboard) 6.6cm x 2cm
  • Black sticker (provided with the motherboard) 6.6cm x 2cm
  • 1 x Hex Key
  • Tape
  • Scissors
  • ROG Font (optional)

Step by Step
1. First you want to prepare a pattern to follow while cutting with your knife. To do so, you can use PowerPoint or any other software that allows you to do boxes and write text inside (if you are an artist, you can choose to do it by hand directly). I will be using PowerPoint for the example.
2. Create a 6.6cm x 2cm black rectangular. And another one of 6cm x 2cm. The second one will help you to not go over as you have two holes on the side of the acrylic name plate.

3. Right click and “edit text”. Pick a font that has linear line, it will be easier when cutting. I will be using the ROG font. Depending on the font you want, adjust the size to fit your black rectangular. Make sure your text fits into the 6cm x 2 cm box. You can now print it.
DOWNLOAD ROG Font Template

4. Cut your paper following the black line of the 6.5cm x 2cm box, and tape it to the black sticker provided with the motherboard.

5. It’s time to take your papercutting knife and go around your letters.

a. Make sure to push enough with the knife
b. Take your time, if necessary do the line in two times

6. Once all the letters have been cut, remove your paper. Check that all the intersection of your letters are nicely cut. If necessary repass with your papercutting knife.
7. You are now ready to remove the cut black parts. If you have a letter with a hole inside, like “B” or “O”, make sure to keep it.

8. Take your acrylic part, and remove the protecting layer. Then remove the black part to stick it into the acrylic. Once done, add the inside of the letters if you have.
9. Screw the plate into the board and power on!

3D Printed Name Plate

If you have a 3D Printer at home, you can choose to 3D Print the name plate.

DOWNLOAD Name Plate source file (stp)

DOWNLOAD ROG Fonts (stp)

If you want to 3D print other parts for the Maximus IX Apex, you can visit the product page in the 3D Printing section.

Share yours!
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
22 REPLIES 22

Menthol
Level 14
Thank you very much for making mine it really adds that personal touch and the board is just fantastic
I found the jumpers and was just kidding about more lights under the name plate

FlanK3r
Level 13
Someone did hard work for me ,-) Big Thanks.

I must say, the board looks really very nice.
Who knows me, knows me ;)....AMD 3000+, AMD x2 4600+ EE, AMD X4 955 BE C2,2x AMD X4 965 BE C3, AMD X4 970 BE C3, AMD x4 975 BE, AMD x4 980 BE, AMD X6 1090T BE, AMD x6 1100T BE, 2x AMD FX-8120, 2x AMD FX-8150, FX-6300, FX-8300, FX-8320E, FX-8320, FX-8350, FX-8370, FX-8370E, FX-9370, FX-9590, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3870K, A8-5600K, A10-5800K, A10-6800K, A10-7850K, A10-7870K, A 5150, Athlon x4 860K, Intel i7-5960X, i7-6700K, Intel i7-4770K, Intel i7-980x, Intel i7 2600k, Intel i7-3770K, i7-3930K.

AkaNe0
Level 10
I finally made mine!

Bahz
Level 12
Akane is so good with making these name tags, maybe she should start offering this custom service 😛

Bahz wrote:
Akane is so good with making these name tags, maybe she should start offering this custom service 😛

I will make a lot of money 😄 Each Apex sold $$ But I am free to everyone that wants to learn how to!

Hey all! I'm new here, just picked up this board and an i7-7700k for a build. I wanted to do the name plate but can't find the font. Every link just goes to a video. I'm beginning to think I'm crazy lol. Any help would be much appreciated.

kaneslair wrote:
Hey all! I'm new here, just picked up this board and an i7-7700k for a build. I wanted to do the name plate but can't find the font. Every link just goes to a video. I'm beginning to think I'm crazy lol. Any help would be much appreciated.

Below you can find the PDF file with the ROG font:

Thanks!

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Below you can find the PDF file with the ROG font:

kaneslair wrote:

You could try using batman forever font, http://www.dafont.com/batman-forever.font

At last i too created my name board