cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Apex and intesgrated graphics

jab383
Level 13
I'm trying to switch the rig in my signature from a PCIe card to integrated graphics for a HWBOT contest.

BIOS setting of igfx for primary display does not stick and BIOS uses the PCIe VGA.

I tried several times with no PCIe card installed. BIOS does not find the igfx and does not finish POST when igfx is the only choice. POST ends with code A0, the white VGA led lit and a blank screen.

Igfx is not found by Windows 7, so the Intel driver cannot be installed.

A clue to the problem is that BIOS settings System Agent tab shows the "Integrated Graphics VBIOS version" as N/A.

The above happens for BIOS version 801 and factory original 401.

Any help?
16 REPLIES 16

littlebit
Level 7
It is my understanding that because of the ocing nature of the Apex that integrated graphics is not possible !....:(

jab383
Level 13
Specs on the product site and in the users guide list integrated graphics via the rear panel HDMI and Display Port connections ... else why have the HDMI and Display Port there.

Several users of the Apex have already submitted 3D benchmark scores to that contest.

do you have a raid set up? how about csm...

Chino
Level 15
The A0 QCODE suggests that you should be inside your OS.

Do you have a speaker connected to your system? Try hitting the Shift key rapidly 5 times to trigger Sticky keys. If you're inside your OS, you should hear a beep.

jab383
Level 13
Yes, Chino, thank you. It is in Windows. I stand corrected. Even when I bang the delete key to get to BIOS settings, it progresses to Windows.

Chino
Level 15
Then your system is working correctly. You're just not seeing any image when using the iGPU. Check your monitor's settings or maybe your HDMI/DP cable that you're using.

Also when you're presented with the problem again, try disconnected then reconnecting whatever cable you're using. It's worth a try.

jab383
Level 13
Okay, tried those. I get no igfx when using the same monitor and HDMI cable that works with the PCIe card ... disconnected and reconnected between the two many times.

BIOS cannot find the igfx and proceeds to A0 with the white VGA LED lit whether I use the START button, the SAFE BOOT button or bang the delete key.

Needless to say, this is all with cleared CMOS and the CPU etc. run properly when a PCIe VGA is installed.

I am most concerned that BIOS does not have any version number for video bios. According to
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005749.html
video bios for integrated graphics is expected to be included in the system BIOS. Re-flashing and trying other BIOS versions seems like a thing to try.

have you tried BRenamer

littlebit wrote:
have you tried BRenamer

Who? Why?