cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Code IX - 4x NVME without disabling sata 5,6

ancalimon
Level 9
I have a NVME SSD , a sata SSD and 4 harddrives. I want to enable 4x NVME without disabling the sata ports 5 and 6. I have installed the NVME inside the port under the cover but enabling 4x mode disables the 5. and 6. sata ports leaving one of my harddrives disabled. Is it possible to enable 4x NVME without disabling the sata 5 and 6 if I connect the NVME to the port that is not under the cover (the vertical one)
3 REPLIES 3

Legolas
Level 9
The product specifications said that "When the M.2_2 Socket 3 is operatin in PCIe 3.0 x4 mode, SATA ports 5 and 6 will be disabled." So, it is not possible to enable 4x NVME w/out disabling the SATA 5 and 6. You can simply move the drives from port 5 and port 6 to port 3 and port 4.
Sincerely,
Legolas

ancalimon
Level 9
Would connecting the nvme drive to M.2_1 socket instead of M.2_2 socket allow me to use it at 4x without disabling sata 5 and 6 ? My sata 1,2,3,4 and 5 are all populated.

qUAanA
Level 10
No it doesn't. I was in the same boat when I first purchased this and was disappointed.
Its a great board, I am still running mine with all sata ports populated except the so called ports.
However, I did not try getting a pci card that can hold 2 nvme pci cards, and trying to install it that route instead of using the onboard config. it may be possible to do what you wanted.
And FYI, theirs still no mobo out their that can take an on-board nvme pci card with 4X speed and not getting 1-2 sata ports sacrificed.
Its 2019...…….Asus...…………...